Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

GeorgePatton

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Post by GeorgePatton »

Hi all

I downloaded the Fall Weiss II 17.0 (and 12.0) and unzipped the contents into the Community Pack folder in Steam but I still can't see the updated games in the campaign screen. I even deleted the old Fall Weiss II 9.1 file earlier but it still shows up in my game.
I rebooted my system to see if it was a refresh issue but that isn't it.

here are 2 screenshots of my system and how it appears is Strategic Command game.

Is there a backup file folder I need to remove the old 9.1 version?

Thanks

Attachments
SCFallWeisII.jpg
SCFallWeisII.jpg (82.68 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
War...war never changes.
GeorgePatton

Post by GeorgePatton »

Here is my Community folder location on my PC.

I reinstalled the entire SC game including the DLC Community Pack from Steam so the original 9.1 files are still there.
But the other 2 new games aren't showing up.

I also transferred the appropriate .cgn files too.

Attachments
SCCommuni..kfolder.jpg
SCCommuni..kfolder.jpg (70.45 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
War...war never changes.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Move any campaign mods that didn't directly download from the community pack (including newer versions of mods in the pack) to the following folder:
C:Drive > Users > My Profile > Documents > MY Games > SC3 > Campaigns

Make sure you include the both the folder and the associated *.cgn file (e.g. _Fall Weiss II - 17.0 file folder & the Fall Weiss II - 17.0.cgn file).

Instructions for graphic mods are different. There is a link to them (and the instructions I just provided) in the first post of thread titled "Mod List" under the Scenarios and Mods category.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
GeorgePatton

Post by GeorgePatton »

Thanks Taxman66. I found the folder.

But why are there 2 separate folders and files for this game? Is one a backup to the Steam version that's already on my system?

I unzipped the graphic mods into the main SC folder in Steam and that works.
War...war never changes.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

This is answered in detail somewhere else on the forum, don't recall where.
In short it is Microsoft's fault more or less.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I updated the game to 1.16 and the scenarios show, I installed the community scenarios and when I open the game I don't see them. The only thing I can figure out is that I have the game installed on MY one drive and the community mods go into the C:name/user etc. The auto installed doesn't recognize the placement of the game?

I found the files in the users my profile documents my games but they don't show when i start the game?
Simulacra53

Post by Simulacra53 »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

I updated the game to 1.16 and the scenarios show, I installed the community scenarios and when I open the game I don't see them. The only thing I can figure out is that I have the game installed on MY one drive and the community mods go into the C:name/user etc. The auto installed doesn't recognize the placement of the game?

I found the files in the users my profile documents my games but they don't show when i start the game?

Please check the Panzerfaust thread, there are (multiple?) solutions.

My solution was in the game directory (not the profile)
Moving (copy if you want to play it safe) the community campaign files from ..\CommunityPack\.. to ..\Community Pack\Campaigns\..

Always make backups if you are not comfortable with moving files around.
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange
yooperdrew

Post by yooperdrew »

Hi, please be patient with this request, as I am fairly new to the forum. I'm looking for basic tips on how to win as Axis in Strategic Command World at War. Can anyone direct me to right place.
ash
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

When you click on the game a window comes up with 'Play...' etc. Click on the Strategy Guide link for the campaign you are playing and read through the PDF, which has heaps of tips.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
Falcon1

Post by Falcon1 »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

For those still having issues, I would make a backup of the current 'Campaigns' folder, then delete it, and try reinstalling from a fresh download of the community pack found here:

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategi ... -v1.10.zip

The path to the campaigns folder is typically here on most systems:

C:\Users\<WindowsUserName>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

I just suggest this as the missing INI file issue is something that was definitely a problem with the initial release of the community pack, but should be resolved with the latest download link shown above.

Hubert

This link appears to be broken, when I try to 'purchase' the free DLC I get the same error message from the download link and the purchasse confirmation email never comes. I was hoping not to have to install steam or make an account there. There should be a way to get this from the Matrix site. Any advice?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Falcon,

That is an older link that is no longer necessary.

If you are having issues with the checkout process of the Free DLC I would suggest contacting Matrix Support as they should be able to help you sort it out.

Hubert
MPHopcroft1

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

How does the A3R mod work? I tried to start it (as a bit of a lark) and have run into trouble the first turn with the invasion of Poland appearing to stall. Overwhelming attacks that would shatter units in 3R leave defenders in place and I'm not sure how.

How much of SC's mechanics are retained in the A3R mod?
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: MPHopcroft1
How does the A3R mod work? I tried to start it (as a bit of a lark) and have run into trouble the first turn with the invasion of Poland appearing to stall. Overwhelming attacks that would shatter units in 3R leave defenders in place and I'm not sure how.
How much of SC's mechanics are retained in the A3R mod?

You are welcome to discuss this on my latest mod post at HERE

So, A3R does retain SC game mechanics, so attacks need to be orchestrated (sequenced) like in SC: air strikes, infantry attacks, armor attacks, etc. It should be pretty easy to destroy most of the Polish defenders on first turn and possibly take Warsaw to force surrender. Usually takes a couple of turns, and occasionally the campaign drags into October if there is bad weather or surviving units continue to fight.

My Design Notes further discuss how the old boardgame is adapted to the SC game engine. It's not a perfect recreation by any means because it just can't, but most things are there and should be familiar to veterans of the boardgame. Good luck!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
klink1944

Post by klink1944 »

Hi,
I have some issues using the iron cros mod 4.6 counters (I love it [:D]) and the community's scenarios [&o]. eg in fall Weiss II : italian mountain uit is replace by a cavalry counter (with the mountain stats). So is there any chance to see an update to make them fully compatible ?

Thanks
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Glad to hear you are exploring the community content a bit Klink1944. For the Iron Cross Mod, I believe this is doubtful at this point, unfortunately.
Lindsey

Post by Lindsey »

Hi,

So, is there a definitive clear way to have this mod with the Steam version ?

Thanks
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Lindsey,

If you navigate to the Steam Library page for Strategic Command WWII War in Europe there should be a DLC section for the game labelled 'Community Pack'. If you click on the 'Manage My DLC' link it should open a screen where you can enable/disable the DLC. Clicking off the 'Enable' box should do the job for you here.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”