Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Daniele

Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more

Post by Daniele »

Hubert Cater has been interviewed by Grogheads! :-)

http://grogheads.com/?p=13659
n0kn0k

RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more

Post by n0kn0k »

Any interest in other conflicts with this same engine?

The idea to perhaps do a US Civil War game has come up from time to time and at one time we discussed Napoleon but for either option we’d have to add some key changes to the game engine in order to have them play out as expected.

Other ideas have been to focus on smaller linked campaigns or scenarios as these would highlight the speed and effectiveness of the AI that much more if we focused it more on its tactical strengths, but as with all potential developments, time will tell.

Please make a Roman Empire game. Pretty, pretty please. (got some good memories from Centurion: Defender of Rome back in the day) [&o]
I've started on a total overhaul mod for SC2 10 years ago, but never finished it. [:(]
Think of the huge number of factions and chance to beef up diplomacy in the game a bit more. [:D]
Add linked smaller campaigns to that and you've got a winner.
xwormwood

RE: Grogheads The Tuesday Interview – Hubert Cater Talks Strategic Command, and more

Post by xwormwood »

Great interview, thanks for sharing!

I would like to suggest to divide the map into at least two or 4 parts.
I've learned to love the benefits from playing the monster board gam The Great War in Europe.
While you play on the eastern front, your opponen (AI!) plays on the western front.
With this system you usually never have to wait, you always play or watch the action of the last turn.
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
BobbyS53

Post by BobbyS53 »

Nice interview, very glad to hear Hubert is feeling better and back to work on multiplayer. I, for one, would love to see a Pacific version of this game, I think it would be fantastic.
"Let us cross the river and sit under the shade of the trees"
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

A Napoleonic grand strategy version would be fantastic, though I see someone is already working on a Mod for this. I used to love AH's War in Peace
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

I vote for Korean War or another take on the Russian Front.
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

Indeed Napoleonics is great, AH war and peace, still have the game.
IG
[&o]
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

Bill, Hubert: PLEASE make a Napoleonic version of SC. There is a huge market for it.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”