DE 629: The treaty of Bucharest

AshFall

DE 629: The treaty of Bucharest

Post by AshFall »

I was thinking. Dangerous to do, I know, never know where the mind will end up. :P

If you, as the central Powers, have defeated Russia already without Romania ever entering the war.

What will happen if you declare war on Romania?

Will the treaty of Bucharest kick in immediately, prompting the surrender of Romania and the extra MPPs and NM?
AshFall

RE: DE 629: The treaty of Bucharest

Post by AshFall »

Tested it in hotseat, and yeah that seems to be the case, good source of a little extra NM income for Germany then! :)
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Hey how come it's not surrendering in our game?????
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

We did introduce a change in a recent patch. [:)]

- DE 629 for Germany to sign the Treaty of Bucharest now requires Bucharest to be in Central Powers’ hands to be presented (FOARP).
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
AshFall

Post by AshFall »

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

- DE 629 for Germany to sign the Treaty of Bucharest now requires Bucharest to be in Central Powers’ hands to be presented (FOARP).

Oooh, yeah! I read that in the changed Strategy guide (looked the event up when KZ declared war on them). I just didnt react to it too much right then, but have been thinking about it.

In the interest of sportsmanship I'll copy this from my AAR onto here, good for you to know as well KZ.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now this is an odd little situation. Austria-Hungary declared war on Romania but didn’t move in at all.

Romania is still a Russian minor, despite Russias defeat. This means Russia, and indirectly Romania, cant declare war on Germany and cannot enter Bulgaria, or other places save Austria. Essentially at the mercy of whenever Germany decides to declare war from the other direction.

Since Romania is a Russian minor, and Russia now has no income, they cannot in any way upgrade or reinforce. [Edit: "Russia" gains a miniscule income from Romanias resources, basically it is hurt by Russias industrial modifier and gets about 10mpps per turn from their territory including oilfields]

It should probably shift major “parent” to England when Russia is defeated?

The Escaped Serbian army corps in Greece suffers from the same problem, it cant do anything since it is still the minor of Russia and thus no MPPs. Serbia is “meant” (in the broadest sense) to be able to Escape to the British controlled minor of Greece. Seems odd that they would then not be able to be commanded or aided by British materiel. Oh well. :)"
AshFall

Post by AshFall »

Been thinking about this since I saw the event. I do think having X (3? 4?) units within 2 spaces should be enough once Russia is out.
operating

Post by operating »

Uh-oohh..!! The lesson for today..[:-]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
FOARP

Post by FOARP »

ORIGINAL: AshFall

Been thinking about this since I saw the event. I do think having X (3? 4?) units within 2 spaces should be enough once Russia is out.

Historically the Romanians didn't quit the war even after Budapest fell and even kept fighting for two months after Russia left the war, so I'm not sure it really does make sense for Romania to simply allow their whole country to be occupied without a fight under any circumstances.

What ought to be there is a switch of major after the Russians leave the war.
American Front: a Work-in-progress CSA v USA Turtledove mod for SC:WW1 can be seen here.

Return to “War Room”