The

Strategic Command is back, and this time it is bringing you the Great War!

Moderator: MOD_Strategic_Command_3

manickennel

The

Post by manickennel »

"Triple Alliance", a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWI, is about to begin.

You’ll be enjoying three different scenarios, each one will cover one round and it will last six weeks:

Round 1:
1914 March on Paris - Refight the initial battles on the Western Front at divisional level. Can Paris be taken in 3 months?

Round 2:
1918 Ludendorff Offensive - Germany launches its great spring offensive in this divisional level campaign.

Round 3:
1914 Triple Alliance - Who will win when Italy enters the war on the side of the Central Powers?

In all three scenarios, you will play mirrored games from both the perspective of the Central Powers and the Entente. Your success in the tournament will be determined not just by how well you play from a strong position, but equally by how well you defend a losing one. With Slitherine’s tournament system matching you against players of similar ability, and a revised scoring system now in place for the Strategic Command games there will always be something to play for.

If you’re not familiar with Slitherine’s PBEM system, here’s how it works: the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM games for you automatically. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it is time to play your turns. The tournament follows the Swiss Tournament rules.

The tournament will start on February 14th, sign up to test your skills and climb the leaderboard! All you need to do is own the game and opt-in here.
Producer of Strategic Command, Commander, Field of Glory and a few other things besides.
shri

RE: The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about to begin

Post by shri »

Is there any penalty in tourney for chaps who never run a turn ever? I hope there is one.
Hubert Cater

RE: The "Triple Alliance" tournament is about to begin

Post by Hubert Cater »

Yes, they should score a zero and be removed from the follow up rounds
shri

Re: The

Post by shri »

Till date my opponent has played 0 turns, yet he has 67 and i have 68 points.
Isn't this unfair for me and all others who have such gamey opponents?

Now on last day if he plays a turn does that count?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

I believe the way the server will assess this situation is that he'll be likely assigned a zero score and you will likely be assigned the BYE score for each game, which is 75 points per game. It should be something like that even if he returns a turn on the last day of the round as the server also keeps track of players that have essentially timed out or not played turns in a timely manner.

From my understanding, the idea is to never penalize the player that actually played their turns and to heavily penalize the player that did not.
AdmiralYamamoto

Re: Tournament Status Admiral Yamamoto vs Futt

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

Hello Tournament Moderators,

I have finally regained contact with my opponent Futt. He has been missing for a couple of weeks now. It looks like he will not be able to finish our games due to work situation. We managed to play into late September in our games.

My Entente Powers had Koln surrounded and were knocking on the door of the Capital. There is not doubt that this one was going to end in an Entente Decisive Victory.

My Germans got off to a slow start without Operational Movement. They chose to recognize Belgium neutrality so that they only had to fight the French and British. They had finally broken through the Entente line on the Belgium border capturing Verdun and pushing toward Reims. I was still hopeful for a German Major victory by capturing Reims & Soissons. I don't think the Germans were going to have time to capture Paris.

Feel free to review this match if you have access to it so that you can assess an appropriate score for us. I was already at 166 points which is greater than the "Bye" score of 75 point per game. I would be hoping for something greater than my current score.

Thanks.
Admiral Yamamoto
Birdw

Stand in players

Post by Birdw »

Is it possible to be a stand-in player for anyone that has dropped out? I'd be interested if that is an option.

:D
Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns
Hubert Cater

Re: Tournament Status Admiral Yamamoto vs Futt

Post by Hubert Cater »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:10 pm Hello Tournament Moderators,

I have finally regained contact with my opponent Futt. He has been missing for a couple of weeks now. It looks like he will not be able to finish our games due to work situation. We managed to play into late September in our games.

My Entente Powers had Koln surrounded and were knocking on the door of the Capital. There is not doubt that this one was going to end in an Entente Decisive Victory.

My Germans got off to a slow start without Operational Movement. They chose to recognize Belgium neutrality so that they only had to fight the French and British. They had finally broken through the Entente line on the Belgium border capturing Verdun and pushing toward Reims. I was still hopeful for a German Major victory by capturing Reims & Soissons. I don't think the Germans were going to have time to capture Paris.

Feel free to review this match if you have access to it so that you can assess an appropriate score for us. I was already at 166 points which is greater than the "Bye" score of 75 point per game. I would be hoping for something greater than my current score.

Thanks.
From what I understand of the server system, I don't believe you'll be penalized in any way in this case and likely just keep the score you currently have.
Hubert Cater

Re: Stand in players

Post by Hubert Cater »

Birdw wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:48 am Is it possible to be a stand-in player for anyone that has dropped out? I'd be interested if that is an option.

:D
Unfortunately, from what I understand, this is not an option.
Birdw

Post by Birdw »

Hubert, thanks for the reply!
Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns
shri

Post by shri »

So, my opponent played turns every 2 days initially, but once he started losing a bit from both sides he has completely stopped playing turns. Been 10+ days and no turn played.

I guess the points systems doesn't show it well but i am firmly winning on both games as i have 60%+ units as Entente and 50%+ units as Germans.
rockmanbob123

Re: Time out penalty

Post by rockmanbob123 »

There needs to be a stronger time out penalty in scoring during touraments
Bavre

Post by Bavre »

Yeah, looking at the table of matches this seems like a case for the Ghostbusters.
And from what I gathered, it seems to me I only got my position because I got lucky enough to draw opponents that are actually willing to play. Kinda unsatisfying...

Return to “Strategic Command: World War I”