Windows 11 Compatibility

Strategic Command is a series of deeply immersive turn based strategy games covering the greatest conflicts in modern history.
stuka75

Windows 11 Compatibility

Post by stuka75 »

Had to replace old computer with one with windows 11. Unfortunately, I found neither the War in Europe or World at War worked. Pc has 32 gb ram and i5 11th gen chip. so horsepower isn't an issue I presume. Just a heads up, or if anyone knows a work around let me know. Very disappointed.
Thanks
Thanks
Stuka
BillRunacre

Re: Windows 11 Compatibility

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

Can you describe further what happens when you try to run the game?

Can you open the Editor?

Thanks
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Just to follow up and confirm, the games are fully compatible with Windows 11, and as Bill mentioned, any extra info you can provide would be helpful to track down what the issues might be for you.
stuka75

Post by stuka75 »

When I start program, I get the splash screen . When I click War in Europe, nothing. I don't see an editor available.
FYI, my screen res is 1920 by 1080. 32 gb ram, tb ssd. Operational Art of War and Campaign Series Mid East work just fine.
And thanks for the reply.
Thanks
Stuka
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

To confirm, is it the launcher screen you see, e.g. similar to below?

stuka75

Post by stuka75 »

Screenshot 2022-05-05 204230.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-05 204230.jpg (123.85 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
YEs, and when I press Play War In Europe, or World at War( I have both listed in launcher screen), I get a brief blink and then nothing. Just stays on Launch screen.
Thanks
Stuka
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks and two things I noticed is it looks like you might not be running the latest version of the game based on your screenshot. I would suggest updating to the latest version first to see if that helps.

Second my guess is then that perhaps your Anti-Virus software is getting in the way of allowing the game to run properly, especially if it is set to protect the Documents folder on your PC.

Check to see if you can whitelist the game and see if that helps and/or if you can allow the game to write to the Documents folder as well as this is where it stores its initialization files.
stuka75

Post by stuka75 »

Uninstalled both Europe and ww2 at at war and reinstalled only War in Europe. Undated to latest version, whitelisted the application folder in Malwarebytes antivirus program, and it still doesn't open. Worlds at war matrix page opens from the launch screen, but Europe behaves same as before. No joy. Thanks for your input.
FYI, the Editor and Manual both open from the launch screen.
Thanks
Stuka
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Sorry to hear it is still not working, and at this point I would say to try contacting Matrix Support to see if they can help:

https://www.matrixgames.com/contacts

One last think you could try is to navigate to the root folder of the game and try launching it directly from the SC3 EXE, and not via the launcher.

This can be typically found here for a Matrix install:

Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe

You may need to right click and select 'Run As Administrator' on the EXE. You could also try 'Run As Administrator' via the shortcut for the launcher too.

Return to “Strategic Command Series”