[Mod] Profile Stratagems

Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor Forum

Moderator: Vic

Mawabe

[Mod] Profile Stratagems

Post by Mawabe »

The summary of this mod is that it allows you to enact Stratagem cards to raise your desired Profile by 2 per card.

The base cost of each card is 12 PP, this cost will fluctuate in cost as other stratagems do. The cards will generate and stack to 5. The cards are generated via your Economic Council, so long as you have a budget for Economic Policies you will generate some cards every turn. The cards can be found under the 'Nation' Tab.

I've tested the mod myself for some time and through several playthroughs, seems to not cause any issues that I am aware of. I personally found the RNG involved in managing your Regime Profile to be a bit of a pain and was almost impossible to get certain profiles past a certain point.

Use the 'Import se1zip' function in the game menu, then use the Modlib Picker to activate it. Requires you to start a new game to take advantage of the mod.

3/5/24 - Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10bNHsR ... sp=sharing
Strat Sample
Strat Sample
Test2.png (951.77 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
ModLib Picker Sample
ModLib Picker Sample
Temp.png (655.79 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
3/5/24 - Updated download link, old link was no longer available.
Last edited by Mawabe on Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Don_Kiyote

Re: [Mod] Profile Stratagems

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Thanks. Is it possible to code some sort of story in to these Strategems, as Events perhaps?

Not just as fluff or window trimming.

For instance, link a +2 Government to Nationalizing an asset...

Then a management series... I would love to see more involved RPG stories in this game, so Im poking around with that in mind.
Mawabe

Post by Mawabe »

Don_Kiyote wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:51 am Thanks. Is it possible to code some sort of story in to these Strategems, as Events perhaps?

Not just as fluff or window trimming.

For instance, link a +2 Government to Nationalizing an asset...

Then a management series... I would love to see more involved RPG stories in this game, so Im poking around with that in mind.
I think that may be possible, to give yourself say +X Government profile from making a private asset a public one (This should almost be in the game already as it makes sense). It may be a more viable option to tie them into new assets or even unit generation IE Recruit X unit as it's own formation or a unit to mesh into an existing one can give you a bonus, plus the Profile increase, giving you some more card-reusability in the long term. Something for me to keep in mind.
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Something for me to keep in mind.
Thanks.

Tying in other game events to these regime profile changes seems like an order of magnitude more complicated. I suppose it depends on what kinds of events the game logs and makes available as triggers.

But it might be fun to choose the stories being made, and write out an fitting narrative based on what you've chosen.
wooaa

Post by wooaa »

Thank you so much for creating this. I tried to do something like this myself but could not figure it out!
Mawabe

Post by Mawabe »

Don_Kiyote wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 am
Something for me to keep in mind.
Thanks.

Tying in other game events to these regime profile changes seems like an order of magnitude more complicated. I suppose it depends on what kinds of events the game logs and makes available as triggers.

But it might be fun to choose the stories being made, and write out an fitting narrative based on what you've chosen.
I will likely wait until the game is more fleshed out before I do such an overhaul, I will admit that the current system is bland but I figure it does the job for now and you are not forced to use it.
Mawabe

Post by Mawabe »

wooaa wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:20 pm Thank you so much for creating this. I tried to do something like this myself but could not figure it out!
No problem, I struggled with it for sure. Vic including the sample mod definitely helped me when it came to 'reverse engineering' a stratagem which was added in via modding. The profile RNG was probably the only big thing that really bothered me in this game. Glad you like it.

Return to “Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor”