Technology Trader

Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor Forum

Moderator: Vic

zgrssd

Technology Trader

Post by zgrssd »

Not my idea, but I found it too sensible to not try it now that the S&S Editor is around:
An solution would be a "guaranteed" event like the Militia Parade on turn 2; a trader pops by selling ancient datadisks and you get to choose if you want to pay Fate Points (1? 2? Maybe scale for Discovery Speed?) to discover Solar Power or not.

So players worried they'll get ****ed by RNG can pay a sizable sum of FPs (which are rare enough it's not a free tradeoff, esp early game) to avoid getting destroyed by RNG.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4949459

Detecting tech status

"TECH.21 < 100" does the trick for checking if Solar Panels (tech #21) are finished.
I can even use it calculate a refund if you are already finished
However in the ideal case I wanted to be able to detect if the tech was already discovered.

Giving Technology

"Exe(346,19,REGIMEID,21)" does the trick
There is one for giving just the discovery as well, of course.
But without the ability to check for Discovery status or use 2 step decisions this is pretty useless

Decision Format to use

Gustav decisions have the maximum number of Options - 6, -1 for the "None" option.

Epsilon would allow me to avoid a lot of code duplicaiton (I figured out you can have rows that applies to any of the Options), but I can not disable options and I only got 4 options to begin wiht - so I would need a Gustav first to decide which tech to offer a 2 or 3 specific deals on (Discovery help only, Buy for Credits, buy for Fatepoints).
However a big issue with splitting them, is that I would need to be able to get the Techname, the Tech progress and grant the Tech all with the ID being stored in a variable. And even just getting the Name currently eludes me.

Current Goal:
Make a Gustav Pattern Decision, triggered every ~20 turns, that allows buying techs for 2 Fate Points.
The techs I selected with some external help are:
- Solar Power
- Power Banks
- High Velocity gun
- Padded Environmental Suit
- Soil Filtration
zgrssd

RE: Technology Trader

Post by zgrssd »

- Solar Power
- Power Banks
- High Velocity gun
- Padded Environmental Suit
- Soil Filtration
The Tech Type ID's are:
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Sounds very cool zgrssd. Keep us informed to progress!
-Mark R.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: mroyer

Sounds very cool zgrssd. Keep us informed to progress!
-Mark R.
Currently I am stuck, as I can not get the "Default Decision" field to work.
Given the high price I plan for any option except "none", I can not have the Secretary select something excessively expensive.
I guess I will have to wait for 1.09.03 and hope that Vic gets around to fix those issues for that version.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

So, apparently "Default Decision" is doing what it is supposed to do by being unreliable at best - useless at worst.

So I guess if I want to progress, my only option is to go for Stratagems.

Return to “Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor”