Terrain Mod (v2.4) - Update

Moderator: Vic

mroyer

RE: Terrain Mod (v1.0)

Post by mroyer »

After fighting with escarpments for many more hours, I think this is about the best I can do.
I believe the game engine is

(1) darkening the adjacent hex along escarpment hexsides and
(2) only drawing one of the mod's adjacent hex images regardless of number of escarpment hexsides.

No matter what I try I can't eliminate those effects, leaving a jarring transition from the escarpment to the adjacent hex. I've tried my best to minimize the effect. If anyone knows what is going on and if it can be "fixed", let me know!

Perhaps the darkened hexside is meant to indicate the bottom, low-side of the escarpment.... maybe...

-Mark R.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (114.48 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Prozorovsky

Post by Prozorovsky »

Thanks for this. I actually thought those canyons in vanilla were holes in the planet going through to the other side with stars being the little white dots... Sounds pretty far fetched now that I think about it, but hey.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

ORIGINAL: Prozorovsky

Thanks for this. I actually thought those canyons in vanilla were holes in the planet going through to the other side with stars being the little white dots... Sounds pretty far fetched now that I think about it, but hey.

No so far-fetched....[:)]
There was a discussion a while back about them being rips in the fabric of space-time.
-Mark R.
Sandow

RE: Terrain Mod (v2.1) Update

Post by Sandow »

I'm having issues downloading the files, both Mod v2.0 and v2.1. Is anyone else having the same problem?
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Sandow, what is happening?
When you click on the link in the opening post of this thread, it should bring up a webpage (app.box.com) that has a download button to the upper right corner.
-Mark R.
Sandow

Post by Sandow »

The link redirects me to the webpage, but when I click on the download button nothing happens. I've created an account, but even so nothing happens when I click the button. What is strange is that I downloaded the planet graphic mod from another thread and didn't encounter any issues. It almost acts like the structure of the files are there, but the actual file has been removed. I'll try to get it using a different browser.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

ORIGINAL: Sandow

The link redirects me to the webpage, but when I click on the download button nothing happens. I've created an account, but even so nothing happens when I click the button. What is strange is that I downloaded the planet graphic mod from another thread and didn't encounter any issues. It almost acts like the structure of the files are there, but the actual file has been removed. I'll try to get it using a different browser.

I have verified that this happens to me too... if I log out of 'box' the download seems like it's happening, but it never finishes. When I'm logged in to 'box' the download goes quickly.

I struggle to believe it was always like this - someone would have run into this long before now. Perhaps something is temporarily wrong at 'box' and it will be cleared up.

In any event, if you can't get it downloaded we can figure another way to get it to you if you want.

-Mark R.
Frustalupi

Post by Frustalupi »

ORIGINAL: mroyer
ORIGINAL: Sandow

I have verified that this happens to me too... if I log out of 'box' the download seems like it's happening, but it never finishes. When I'm logged in to 'box' the download goes quickly.

I struggle to believe it was always like this - someone would have run into this long before now. Perhaps something is temporarily wrong at 'box' and it will be cleared up.

In any event, if you can't get it downloaded we can figure another way to get it to you if you want.

-Mark R.

Same problem here.
I tried with Firefox, Chrome and Edge but seems impossible to download the file...
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Okay, I've loaded the the v2.2 update (that includes new escarpment imagery) in the opening post.

Also, I've verified that the link works both when signed-in and not signed-in to Box.
(I think my link before may have been wrong - a private link or something like that.)
Please let me know if you're successful without signing into Box.

-Mark R.
Frustalupi

Post by Frustalupi »

Okay, I've loaded the the v2.2 update (that includes new escarpment imagery) in the opening post.

Also, I've verified that the link works both when signed-in and not signed-in to Box.
(I think my link before may have been wrong - a private link or something like that.)
Please let me know if you're successful without signing into Box.

-Mark R.

Now it's very ok.
Thank you Mark !
Mouniac

Post by Mouniac »

Hello, When I download terrain v 2.2 it's indicate Nato Beveled v 2.2! Thanks.
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Thanks for doing this!

The main folder is now graphics. Is that right, ie. not GraphicsAlt like 2.1? And the sub folders are nato?
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

ORIGINAL: Mouniac

Hello, When I download terrain v 2.2 it's indicate Nato Beveled v 2.2! Thanks.
Shiznit... I must have uploaded the wrong one. I will fix when I get home this evening.
Sandow

Post by Sandow »

I noticed the same thing myself. At first I thought I'd just gotten mixed up choosing mods to download.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Okay, try now....

I don't know what's happened the last couple days. I've been doing this for years and all of a sudden I can't. Maybe I've hit some upper limit of files or numbers of downloads on Box or something like that.

Anyhow, I moved over to DropBox and I think it should be fine now.
Please let me know - successful or not! Thanks. (and sorry for the trouble)

-Mark R.
Lotario

Post by Lotario »

Dirt roads do not appear in the latest version 2.2
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

ORIGINAL: Lotario

Dirt roads do not appear in the latest version 2.2

Mea-culpa....
By missed-click on the dirt-road layer in GIMP it failed to save that imagery. [:(]
It is fixed now as v2.3.

Sorry for that. Been a bad week my hosting mods.
-Mark R.
lerugray

Post by lerugray »

Hey so I downloaded this and now my roads seem a little screwed up, anyone else have an issue where roads are branching off into the north west into nowhere constantly? need to figure out how to host a pic as an example.
Attachments
example.jpg
example.jpg (90.24 KiB) Viewed 465 times
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Yes, this is a known issue. It is just a visual and has no effect on the game. Think of it as a short, dead-end road.

I need to fix it in the next version. The road coming from the south hex-side to the northeast hex-side should go closer to the hex center so it joins properly with any road that in the future might be built from the north. It's hard to explain, but this was mainly a problem when the rails are overlaid.
I plan to fix it in the next version.

Sorry for the confusion,
-Mark R.
lerugray

Post by lerugray »

Yes, this is a known issue. It is just a visual and has no effect on the game. Think of it as a short, dead-end road.

I need to fix it in the next version. The road coming from the south hex-side to the northeast hex-side should go closer to the hex center so it joins properly with any road that in the future might be built from the north. It's hard to explain, but this was mainly a problem when the rails are overlaid.
I plan to fix it in the next version.

Sorry for the confusion,
-Mark R.

OK cool, thanks for the heads up!

Return to “Graphic Mods”