Add anti-missile systems

Moderator: Vic

Disturbance20

Add anti-missile systems

Post by Disturbance20 »

Very strategic, long battles that players sink hundreds of hours into can simply end when one player gets nukes first. It's a really anti-climatic ending and leaves a sour taste for everyone.

We're not in WW2, there should be some type of defense against missiles so it isn't just game over.
Starfry

Re: Add anti-missile systems

Post by Starfry »

Especially when we can have nuclear bazookas, why not have nuclear rockets armed fighters/nuclear tipped missile launchers to defend? Heck, I wish I could build jet bombers armed with nuclear bombs which has a better chance of getting to their targets than ICBMs.
GazBot

Re: Add anti-missile systems

Post by GazBot »

Yep,

Disturbance20 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:02 am Very strategic, long battles that players sink hundreds of hours into can simply end when one player gets nukes first. It's a really anti-climatic ending and leaves a sour taste for everyone.

We're not in WW2, there should be some type of defense against missiles so it isn't just game over.
I think Id have to agree with this after seeing ICBMs and nukes for the first time in a MP game....but the RPG Nukes and iCBMs seem really over powered and very limited counters...they seem far to cheap for the effect they have....

I suspect that very often the first player to get nukes will win....its like an instant war winner and this then encourages just staying to the left hand side of the tech tree....I cant see the point in going down the right hand side of the tech tree as just going down the left hand side is always going to be the dominant strategy.....

their seems very little options to counter RPG Nukes and ICBMs....You can potentially defend against a 10MT ICBM but I suspect anything bigger is 99% an instant game winner....To have any chance even against the 10MT ICBMs you need a massive lead over the other players if you dont have nukes...you also have to plan right at the start of the game in building in redundancy to your logistics and economy and working to the assumption your going to be nuked....

The mobile nuke laucnhers and Im guessing the nuke artillery are fairly balanced (though havent seen the latter just yet...) but the rest just seem way overpowered for their cost / benefit ratio.....

Id say the ICBMs and RPG nules need a big nerf or big increase in cost....especially radioactives and Hi Tech parts and machines and likely even Industrial Points....

If ABM systems do come in maybe good to have them on the right hand side of the tech tree at the mid level....say at Laser weapon level....this balances the tech tree and opens up the game play I think.....

Ideally youd have some good interplay between attack and defence - have a situation where your ABM needs to be taken out by short ranged systems, air strikes, ground assault to leave you open to a nuclear strike....

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”