Construction Costs Round Up Every Turn, Pls Fix

Moderator: Vic

dustin1819

Construction Costs Round Up Every Turn, Pls Fix

Post by dustin1819 »

If you construct a recycling plant which costs 1 machine each turn for two turns, my assumption is I should only ever spend 2 machines on this construction. However if it takes me more than 2 turns to build the recycling plant, it appears that it still costs a full machine each turn of production. I've tried doing this by letting the game automatically reduce construction to fit available IP and I've tried manually setting to 75% construction, the result both times was a total cost of 3 machines instead of 2. I'm unsure if this is on purpose or a bug. If it's a bug than consider this a report. If it purposeful I don't understand why and feel like it should be changed. Variable construction costs encourage a lot of micromanaging as I can never build a building unless I manually calculate whether I will have enough resources each turn of it's construction, because the alternative is wasting machines. This seems like the exact kind of micro-management most people would prefer to avoid and I don't see any interesting game mechanics coming out of this variable construction cost. So in summary, please make construction costs consistent regardless of how long it takes me to finish construction.
dustin1819

Re: Construction Costs Round Up Every Turn, Pls Fix

Post by dustin1819 »

With future testing it appears that construction will only overconsume machines if machines are available. If you have exact enough machines for construction and it takes more turns than expected, you are still allowed to finish the construction despite that construction requesting additional machines. But if you have additional machines in your inventory, the SHQ will obey the request for more machines and the construction project will just eat them for no reason. I'll have to double check just in case but I'm fairly certain the eaten machines don't just sit in, or are returned to, zone inventory but are actually consumed by the construction project.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”