[1.11.09] AI, specially economy and terrain one.

Moderator: Vic

phyroks

[1.11.09] AI, specially economy and terrain one.

Post by phyroks »

They AI really needs an update on terrain types and how it should understand that mountains and other easy to defend terrains are valuable. AI on the hardest difficulty and extra time to think, still often retreats its line, sometimes it might be good idea, but it should think more than twice about moving off a mountains and such.

Economy AI is just, well is there even one?... Starting the games usually with tech lvl4, the AI during the entire game has only/mostly build mines, farms and bio-fuel buildings in their zones(this game had plenty of rainfall so no water stuff this time which is nice). All of these are bare minimum to keep armies going, and I dont find any places with my spies etc where it would have buildings besides starting buildings for industrial capacity or BP! It does not really advance in technology at all during the game and easily falls behind as it has no BP production (and this is with nemesis and max difficulty). The AI really needs to know how to build its empire if it has zones that are not bordering hostiles, or at least give the hardest AI some free/cheat* points for building BP assets and factories.

*I would prefer if it would be done without "cheating", but I would rather take hotfix now than wait 6+months for something to change

AI nearly never upgrades troops (it still has units in uniform when it has new models with heavy combat armor available). AI nearly never uses air forces, still.

I keep returning to this game once now and then, its nice to see improvements but it also pains to see some sides of the game still have same issues :(

Always nice to see new content coming up, but hopefully you find the time and motivation to look at the old stuff too vic!

I know I only come whine and post bug reports, but its because I like the game :oops: , so thanks for the great game. <3
Attachments
temp.png
temp.png (1022.76 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Don_Kiyote

Re: [1.11.09] AI, specially economy and terrain one.

Post by Don_Kiyote »

All, or at least mostly true.

I think the AI upgrades its units, at least in my game.

The AI, including the economic AI, has already gotten much better, with just the last update, the one I'm playing on 1.11.00, being mainly an AI update. I notice a difference.
phyroks

Post by phyroks »

Yes, the AI does upgrade its units sometimes, but it does not do it in large scale or understand that in some cases it just does not scope how big upgrade doing it would be. Units with plain uniform when you can have combat armor are really a waste of manpower, 50hp vs 300, not to mention the thickness. You only get these these units when you start the game on planet with no environment, and still 60 turns later having some of your troops in plain uniform is... :evil:
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

...it doesnt look like that^ in my game. It seems to happen pretty broadly, if patchily, but the AI's regular troops are definitely getting upgraded at around the right time. Again, regular units that is. Make sure you're not looking at a militia unit. Some of my militia are still running around in a worm-skin loin cloth at turn 140.

I do notice the AI tends to make many iterations of essentially the same troop. As in, it seems to redesign whether there is a new technology to roll in with the upgrade or not.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”