A group of my accumulated suggestions

Moderator: Vic

shavius

A group of my accumulated suggestions

Post by shavius »

1. Let player gain some food by eliminating wildlives on a planet with edible alien tissue.
2. Make collecting water a bit harder on planet with liquid water. Even if there is a river or a lake with in your territory, that doesn't let lots of water just flow into your inventory free of charge. The player need to construct a cheap asset like a water pump or aqueduct on the hex near a river or lake in order to take water from there. Salted water in sea is even harder to utilize, the player needs to construct some sort of desalination complex, unless the rainfall is the only source of water they'lll get.
3. Artillery's stat are not that good while directly attacking the enemy. Its main advantage is ranged attack, but that gave formations composed with artillery a bad look, as if the artillery has bombarded the enemy, the entire unit could attack that turn, and it the unit waged an attack first, the artillery cannot fully perform its purpose. I suggest give artillery provides a buff to certain other frontline units at direct combat, just like unit fear, and A&A boardgame, as like it is providing ranged fire support to its ally, whether in an offensive battle or a defensive one.
4. Give qol score more purpose. Currently security score can suppress unrest and protest, also catching spies etc, health score can increase population growth and deal with medical related accidents, while the other two has little general influence.
1). Education is supposed to be a crucial thing, especially in a post-apocalypse world, but now it seems to have almost no special effect except for the effect of qol score itself. University do buff research, but that's just the asset itself. I suppose the education score itself should provide a tiny buff to research, also increase the production of assets (as educated workers are more skilful), buff of loyalty (people are more aware about what they belong to), initial xp of troop (educated soldier can understand and execute complex instructions better), and the stats of newly recruited leaders.
2). Entertainment score has already fulfilled its duty by making people happy, be it can also be made special by letting all the private asset that generates entertainment make private credit. Private asset that generates entertainment are things like commercial area, arena, brothel etc, which are all supposed to be money makers, and it is even strange that they don't earn money.
5. A suggestion from older times which I thought was important but didn't get much feedback, changing the formation levels from battalion/brigade regiment/corp division/army to battalion/division regiment/corp brigade/army. If do so every headquarter is exactly 3 levels above the independent unit it commands, the headquarter of lowest level is precisely one level above the biggest independent unit, causing less confusion, also making the size and purpose of each formation levels closer to reality (when the headquarters are fully attached)
6. Interface for localisation
Don_Kiyote

Re: A group of my accumulated suggestions

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Many of your suggestions sound like preferences, and the designer has the responsibility to choose those which best fit his or her purpose and method. Its cool to give feedback though. I dont use huge stacks, so the Formations suggestion is lost on me, for instance.

This suggestion is probably more important than you give it credit for:
shavius wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 pm 6. Interface for localisation
...by which I think you mean the possibility to shift the interface language depending on locality. 中文也可与, for example. Given the type of game this is, ie. indy as they get, its fair to hope for some other third party from a given locality to contribute a mod doing just this.

But modifying code in this game is itself not well supported; understandably so, but also regrettably. Perhaps what you are really asking for is a more developed modding regime in SE, where some things that are relatively easy to mod and more exposed than deeply embedded systems.

Given that it is a multiplayer, perhaps opponents of different nationalities could work out their differences by thrashing each others regimes, in-game.
shavius

Re: A group of my accumulated suggestions

Post by shavius »

Don_Kiyote wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:35 am Many of your suggestions sound like preferences, and the designer has the responsibility to choose those which best fit his or her purpose and method. Its cool to give feedback though. I dont use huge stacks, so the Formations suggestion is lost on me, for instance.

This suggestion is probably more important than you give it credit for:
shavius wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 pm 6. Interface for localisation
...by which I think you mean the possibility to shift the interface language depending on locality. 中文也可与, for example. Given the type of game this is, ie. indy as they get, its fair to hope for some other third party from a given locality to contribute a mod doing just this.

But modifying code in this game is itself not well supported; understandably so, but also regrettably. Perhaps what you are really asking for is a more developed modding regime in SE, where some things that are relatively easy to mod and more exposed than deeply embedded systems.

Given that it is a multiplayer, perhaps opponents of different nationalities could work out their differences by thrashing each others regimes, in-game.
I mean the interface for translation, currently the text are hard coded in the game

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”