Item Transfers/Inheritance

Moderator: Vic

solops

Item Transfers/Inheritance

Post by solops »

Why are items like exo-suits or cortical stimulators lost when a director/governor/general dies/fired/retires? These are national strategic assets. They are tangible items, not intangible (like experience). Surely most of them should go back into national inventory when someone dies or retires? When someone dies in combat I can understand that the item(s) may not be recovered.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
zgrssd

Re: Item Transfers/Inheritance

Post by zgrssd »

Mostly Balance. One part implementation.
The cards would quickly loose value, if you could just recover the cards the second the leader is removed.

It took some decent work just to have the Cults recall their Unit Feats when relations sour.
solops

Post by solops »

Most of my games last 300+ turns. Several have gone over 500. By turn 200 all of the ruins are pretty much mined out, yielding no more goodies. Not too long after all of the ancient personal items are gone from the game as the people possessing them die out. So the last quarter or third of the game is played without any. That's no fun. There are a limited number of items. I do not think it would imbalance anything to have some of them remain in the game. If anything they would be even more valuable long term assets.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

I think the longest game I've had was to about round 125 - and that was when a theocratic major declared war on me and I had to devote considerable resources to that fight while I expanded elsewhere and grew population.

Most of my games end around round 100 and my last ended around 80 - straight victory, no victory pact. I usually have 2/3rds of planetary pop and 1/3rd of planetary hexes when I hit the victory threshold.

I play with the super slow tech development, 4 councils at start, hard difficulty (7 PP base), one starting army, no corporation, cults or the other option. I select the 'spread out' option for major placement.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”