Open Beta Patch v1.26a (26 march 2024)

Stop here if you are eager to try in advance new patches! Please note that these patches are not compatible with the Steam version of the game.

Moderator: Vic

Arralen

Re: Open Beta Patch v1.11.06 (last update 21 july)

Post by Arralen »

@Vic:
Shouldn't the topic be "Open Beta Patch v1.11.07 (last update 21 july)" now?
;)
ElectricGod

Re: Open Beta Patch v1.11.06 (last update 10 july)

Post by ElectricGod »

Vic wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:46 am Ammunition "finetuning" is on my to-do list.

As for the OOBs... would the customize OOB feature not help you out here?

best,
Vic
I cant speak for the player above, but the whole feature feels entirely incomplete which is a shame because I love its potential.
The inability to remove unit types, the inability to change unit sizes, the inability to rename current formations are a few of the restrictions I cant understand. Formations are a fluid and evolving things and it seems strange that if I accidently make any sort of mistake or want to make an edit of a current formation I cant make any sort of changes to the previous units.
Elver

Post by Elver »

Even if we couldn't outright remove units (which I could see b/c making base units smaller could have weird effects), the ability to replace some or all of a given unit type in existing OOBs would go a very long way towards making this feature feel more complete. Even if there were limits on what unit type could replace a given type (i.e., foot units could replace each other, but vehicles couldn't replace them and vice versa), it would be extremely nice to be able to customize units w/o always increasing their size. I use the OOB customization a lot, but I'd really like to be able to vary and update composition w/o continually bloating the TOE.
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Elver wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:19 pm Even if we couldn't outright remove units... it would be extremely nice to be able to customize units w/o always increasing their size.
so like a 'scale' function? As in, make a 10+5 in to a 7+3, say? Or maybe youre thinking about something more like a full editor, where you can add, remove, or change the number of any unit type.

Personally, I've never felt limited by the OOB system, although I haven't played past about turn 200 in any game yet. I actually find it kind of fun, like a table-top game or a card game, where you have only a limited number of slots and possibilities to fill them.
Grigio87

Re: Open Beta Patch v1.11.07 (last update 21 july)

Post by Grigio87 »

Vic wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:51 am Okay! v1.11.07 should be stable now!
Hi, I just bought the Shadow Empire on GOG and if i try to put the beta on my games I have this error:

I have read that this patch is for Matrix version only but can I be able to play it on my version too? :cry: I also tried to use Gog Connect to put Shadow Empire on Steam but without success. I need the patch to play in MP with my friends!

Thanks in advance!

edit:

I found this on GOG settings:

But the beta channel requires a password :|
Last edited by Grigio87 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Grigio87 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:41 pm
Vic wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:51 am Okay! v1.11.07 should be stable now!
Hi, I just bought the Shadow Empire on GOG and if i try to put the beta on my games I have this error:

I have read that this patch is for Matrix version only but can I be able to play it on my version too? :cry: I also tried to use Gog Connect to put Shadow Empire on Steam but without success. I need the patch to play in MP with my friends!

Thanks in advance!
From another post dealing with is issue per the GOG version...worth a try.

RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found
Post by eddieballgame » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:15 pm

I tested it & using the 'frankestein' method of, simply, copying & pasting & I was able to play the GOG version.
The only file I did not swap out was the 'exe' file & there were no '.dll' files.
Of course, the version still showed 1.09, so not sure how much of the 'beta' is actually being implemented. (too lazy to check on that)
Agreed on this method not being useful per 'bug reporting', but for a GOG user wanting to attempt to use some of the new stuff per the beta...maybe this could help.
Another reason to buy on Matrix/Slitherine. [:)]
Grigio87

Post by Grigio87 »

eddieballgame wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:22 pmFrom another post dealing with is issue per the GOG version...worth a try.

RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found
Post by eddieballgame » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:15 pm

I tested it & using the 'frankestein' method of, simply, copying & pasting & I was able to play the GOG version.
The only file I did not swap out was the 'exe' file & there were no '.dll' files.
Of course, the version still showed 1.09, so not sure how much of the 'beta' is actually being implemented. (too lazy to check on that)
Agreed on this method not being useful per 'bug reporting', but for a GOG user wanting to attempt to use some of the new stuff per the beta...maybe this could help.
Another reason to buy on Matrix/Slitherine. [:)]
Hi, thanks for the trick but I don't think it will work for multiplayer and it could lead a bunch of bugs. The best solution should be to implement the beta installation on GOG (it is actually possible on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1154840/ ... 149750507/ ) or to implement GOG connect for Shadow Empire (so I can play with the beta on Steam).

I bought this game for MP, so without the beta I will most likely refund it.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Per multiplayer, you do not need the same beta version to play vs your opponents.
In the numerous 'mp' games I have been involved with, some have updated to the latest beta versions & some have not...with no (noticeable) issues.
Might I recommend purchasing from the Matrix store as opposed to GOG. (if you refund)
This way you also get a Steam key while owning a 'drm' free version.
I, also, own the GOG version; (I like GOG for many titles) but that was, mainly, to support the developer for this fantastic creation.
Grigio87

Post by Grigio87 »

eddieballgame wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:31 pm Per multiplayer, you do not need the same beta version to play vs your opponents.
In the numerous 'mp' games I have been involved with, some have updated to the latest beta versions & some have not...with no (noticeable) issues.
it seems very strange to me
eddieballgame wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:31 pmMight I recommend purchasing from the Matrix store as opposed to GOG. (if you refund)
This way you also get a Steam key while owning a 'drm' free version.
I, also, own the GOG version; (I like GOG for many titles) but that was, mainly, to support the developer for this fantastic creation.
I purchased SW on GOG really to support the developer (instead of buying it on key sellers like istantgaming). In any case it seems that a forum user was able to install the patch on his gog version, I will try this way.
Arralen

Post by Arralen »

1. Do not play MP with the players using different program versions - this might cause synchronisation errors between players.

2. Do not "patch" the game without exchanging the EXE file. A whole bunch of changes are only in the EXE file, not some data files.
If you run a "Frankenstein" version of the game, you'll not only cause sync errors between players, you'll even introduce completely new bugs that no one else sees, because you are running old program functions on new data structures.

3. Do not use the beta version for MP games. The beta versions are untested and might contain gamebreaking bugs.

=> Use the latest release version - you STEAMer friends should able to easily change to that.
Arralen

Post by Arralen »

There's discussion about the AI not being able to move its units in the latest [1.11.07] beta version:
AI deficient in an early game scenario

I tested, found its the case for me too, and submitted a bug report:
[1.11.07] Ai does not move its units

... so much for game-breaking bugs in beta patches :roll: ;)
Vic

Re: Open Beta Patch v1.11.08 (last update 30 july)

Post by Vic »

Fixed major bug caused with v1.11.07. Running games with non-moving AI can be continued and should shake it into action!
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ohh and in multiplayer games you can mouse over the Game version # in the Dashboard Report to see everybodies version number.

best wishes,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Arralen wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:04 pm 1. Do not play MP with the players using different program versions - this might cause synchronisation errors between players.
3. Do not use the beta version for MP games. The beta versions are untested and might contain gamebreaking bugs.
Based on my groups many 'pbem' games...these statements are not completely accurate.
While I agree that any 'bugs' we could encounter could cause game breaking issues...it has not happened in the past 2 years to include an on going game, atm.
In particular, 'we' have never had a 'sync' error while using different beta versions.
Remember, the betas are meant for testing, that is why 'we' are using them.
I, generally, don't recommend using different versions in ongoing games (because they usually don't load without a warning or some error), but, at least one in our group has his Steam version set to use the most recent beta.
Fortunately, as stated, no issues that I am aware of have occurred, & we all eventually 'upgrade'. :)
Finally, the changes per the betas don't all take effect until a new game is started.
Daza99

Post by Daza99 »

How often does the beta version on Steam get updated? is it usually a few days after the new beta patch gets dropped on here? I have both standalone version and steam version installed and my current game is on Steam with the #133 version.
Bellrock

Post by Bellrock »

Per the game update
Changelist for v1.11.08
"
-Added Unit Weight statistic in the first unit subtab. Could be useful for considering Strategic Movement (which requires 1 Logistical Point per Weight Point)

"

Is this a new stat for units, or is this an existing stat that is now being shown in the unit description? Is there any change to gameplay associated with this stat?

Thanks
Soar_Slitherine

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

It is not a new stat. Land unit strategic transfer cost has always been set at the total of the subunits' base weight (a fixed value based on model type, rather than the actual design weight based on components used - strangely, unlike for ground units, aircraft strategic mode weight is in fact based on design weight) and the logistics points required to move their supply stocks.
Daza99 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:10 pm How often does the beta version on Steam get updated? is it usually a few days after the new beta patch gets dropped on here? I have both standalone version and steam version installed and my current game is on Steam with the #133 version.
They usually get updated at around the same time.
Il_Palazzo

Post by Il_Palazzo »

Hi. I'm getting the forced sale of water bug (it's a bug, right?). My traders are raking up thousands per turn despite water being plentiful for everybody (seas and precipitation). Started happening around turn 40 and looks like the amount sold is steadily growing.
I see on the previous page somebody mentioned it having been fixed in the latest patch - but it doesn't seem to be the case.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

Il_Palazzo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:20 am Hi. I'm getting the forced sale of water bug (it's a bug, right?). My traders are raking up thousands per turn despite water being plentiful for everybody (seas and precipitation). Started happening around turn 40 and looks like the amount sold is steadily growing.
I see on the previous page somebody mentioned it having been fixed in the latest patch - but it doesn't seem to be the case.
What version was your scenario started on?

We have the same issue in our multiplayer game. We've been attributing it to the fact that even though we're playing with the latest beta release (v1.11.08) we started the game before the fix (v1.11.03). So, we suspect the bug is probably baked into our files and even though it has been fixed, the fix won't take effect until a new scenario is started. Maybe...

-Mark R.
Behrooz

[1.11.08] - Robotic infantry in the SHQ is not selectable when raising new formations.

Post by Behrooz »

disregard -- moved to tech support forum.
Last edited by Behrooz on Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta”