[Oceania] An interesting start

Moderator: Vic

Nicals

[Oceania] An interesting start

Post by Nicals »

My first start with Oceania. I only have a small piece of a small island and I am immediately attacked by my major neighbour.
I couldn't go more than 10 round after being overwhelmed. I'm not really good at this game, but it was really fun to die this time.

Enemy units don't seems a lot stronger than mine. I think survival is possible but I did not find a way to achieve it.
I'm starting a new campaign but would be glad to have your ideas on this run.
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 815 times
If you want to give it a try, the savegame at round 1 is attached to this post (hard mode, militia only, 1.20q + Oceania DLC).
Attachments
steelkeep.zip
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 23 times
Xebec

Re: [Oceania] An interesting start

Post by Xebec »

This is a really hard start! I'm on my second real try, and the wildlife, and two majors deciding to attack (one did a beach invasion) makes it very challenging. This is pretty interesting though, and on both starts the scavenging has a chance of finding 'rares' at the Capitol.

So far I've been focused on rushing to get Light Tanks (just researched it), and I've been recruiting ~ 1500 soldiers per turn.. as well as paying extra salaries to keep them 'happy'. 2 OHQs so far (1 with an advisor), using the mystic cards to bolster readiness where possible.

While I was able to do some early encirclements, and destroy or severely weaken a few enemies from the first major, I've had to shorten my line to nearly the industrial zone only now. I'll play a bit more tomorrow and see if I can turn this around with Light tanks. It's a real razer line to walk on this map. I know if I just stay put I will hold for a long time but then definitely slowly lose (short of a miracle), but I'm hoping I get some tanks out quickly enough to do some breakthroughs.
Xebec

Post by Xebec »

Alright - I made it to about 30 rounds before giving up. This is a very brutal setup.

By round 27 I was fighting two majors and a minor on the small island. I was able to leverage the minor vs. the first major to get around the major's troops -- and just as it looked like I would push them back and have a stable footing on the island, another major attacks from the south, and I have no way to repel them.

If that second major hadn't attacked I'd probably have had the economy and population stabilized by round 35, and a decent industrial base as well for building tanks.

That was just brutal -- thanks for posting your save. I am by no means a total expert at these games but I am experienced, and this was quite a challenge.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Victory
Victory
Victory.jpg (219.47 KiB) Viewed 562 times
It's a hard start but I'm used to play in hard/extreme difficulty. Around 100 rounds to defeat the major regime. The hard part is the first 20 rounds more or less, then was clear that was only question of time to defeat the enemy.
_steelkeep_01.rar
(4.26 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “War Room”