[Mod]CMod - An SE gameplay mod

Moderator: Vic

finrodfelagund

Re: [Mod]CMod - An SE gameplay mod

Post by finrodfelagund »

does the last version have hunting post/fishery balances or just worker tweaks ?
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Now I dont want to play without it.
No problems with the new version, I hope, v.1.11.00?
ElectricGod

Post by ElectricGod »

CMOD work with the beta? And it appears hunting post and fishing post credits aren't reflected in the treasury overview, are they still functioning?
brhugo

Post by brhugo »

ElectricGod wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:37 pm CMOD work with the beta? And it appears hunting post and fishing post credits aren't reflected in the treasury overview, are they still functioning?
Any new version seems to create a new randomgame.se1 file, and you need to make a copy of that new version and then overwrite randomgame.se1 with the one that was generated by installation of CMod. That seems to be sufficient to retain features that work like the ammo factory and gas turbine engines. I do not know what features of the beta that action might disable.
I have not been able to get some features like the biofuel farm to work, building them hasn't resulted in any fuel production over many turns and I end up abandoning them to save the manpower.
I don't know enough about what features are reliant on the randomgame.se1 file versus the executable file and so cannot give a better answer.
Bruce R Hugo
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Looks like I had a problem with the 'Blight' Stratagem.

I posted on Reddit, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowEmpireGa ... &context=3

Basically, unrest jumped all the way to 100 in the affected zone, much more than the +15 I rolled for when playing the Stratagem.

I think this happened with another stratagem earlier in my game, too. But I'm not sure which one it was.
JonasWalker

Post by JonasWalker »

Does anyone know if this mod has been updated for the more recent versions of Shadow Empire?
ElectricGod

Post by ElectricGod »

JonasWalker wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:04 pm Does anyone know if this mod has been updated for the more recent versions of Shadow Empire?
No, i mean it seems to mostly work but i noticed things like the income from hunting/fishing isnt generated. I'm sure there might be one or two more things either not quite right or just not working. I decided to still use this mod especially for the ammo factory and that works fine as well as most everything else.

So in short no game shattering issues or crashes, but not an A-okay 100% A1 experience
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

I'm not seeing Quad MGs for the Airforce either... :(

But the Ammo Factory is working fine.
Cladboy2

Post by Cladboy2 »

I must give this mod a try. The hex perks sound quite nice.
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

It seems to be definitely not working with Oceania.

Casteroid come back! We need ya, buddy :)
Tartannosaur

Post by Tartannosaur »

The additional hex perks and half-track trucks in this mod are amazing. Should definitely be implemented into the core game.
Catasteroid

Post by Catasteroid »

Scarf gifted me a copy of Oceania so we're back in business baby, apologies for dropping off the face of the earth in exchange for this gift I'm going to try and bring CMOD into functional condition again along with continuing to probe the extent to which I can add or modify content until I find the hard boundaries. It occurs to me that I may have to make a secondary branch for up-to-date versions of Shadow Empire without the Oceania DLC though I have no idea what percentage of the potential userbase that represents.
Don_Kiyote

Post by Don_Kiyote »

Good to hear it. You have some serious fans here, or your mod does.

I'm away from the game for a while as well, being caught behind a similar issue to yours with my copy of the game. When I start playing again, this mod will be used.
ValaAssistant

Post by ValaAssistant »

How did you mod in buildable assets? I cant find that anywhere in the S&S editor or the manual

Return to “War Room”