Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - [Concluded]

Moderator: Vic

Saros

Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - [Concluded]

Post by Saros »

Welcome to the world of Sononan II!

This is an AAR of an ongoing PBEM game of Shadow Empire featuring myself, HabituallyRed, Orange Devil and ForeverBWFC.

Apologies for the audio quality in the first two videos my microphone was busted and the replacement yet to arrive so I am using a crappy headset mic.

The images that are large enough to break the forum tables (i.e. the map screenshots) are reduced to fit the page here but if you click them they will go to a full size version.

It could be Earth, if Earth was twice as rainy, significantly hotter and the forests were full of carnivorous Jellyfish.

Still, if you could ignore the oppressive heat and moisture it was pretty nice as far as planets go. For 1400 years at least.

What makes Sonoman II special was its very large population and extensive industry. Before the apocalypse it was a major sector capital with all the attendant military fixtures, universities and shipyards. Now only ruins remain but there are a lot of ruins.

Turn Video

Click the image for the video. (Audio is terrible as my replacement microphone is yet to arrive).

Turn Report

It has been 362 years since the fall of the Galactic Republic and civilisation has seen better days.

Vast jungles cover the surface of the planet, interspersed with the ruins of long abandoned mega-cities.

Thanks to living upon a kinder world than many we have not fallen as far as we could. While we have lost the technology of the Republic we maintain a reasonable technology base.

A small industrial base and military has kept us safe throughout the dark years.

Start of Turn

That time is over however, it is time for us to go forward and claim our destiny.

End of Turn

The peaceful Farmers of 'Liberty Nation' were offered the chance to join us, they foolishly declined. Troops are raised and an expeditionary force sets out to bring them under our control.

We do not know what lies beyond our borders but we know that nothing will stop us reclaiming the power that is our birthright!
zgrssd

RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR

Post by zgrssd »

Thumbnails on the HTML level are usually done by having 2 images:
1. Normal one
2. Thumbnail sized one
With a lot of COntent Management Systems being smart enough to auto-generate the Thumbnail one.

When making a link, you put the thumbnail image in as the link "text" equivalent. And the big one as target.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 2

Turn Video
(Voice quality still pretty rough sorry! Should be better in the next turn.)

Decisions

We burn a bunch of our fate point cards to get more PP and seclect an applied science council.

That's an easy yes.

I say no for the enforcement but lmao at how far it is from my capital.

Start of Turn

(Click images for high resolution versions.)

End of turn

How those bloody adventurers ended up a quarter of the way around the world remains something of a mystery.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 3

Turn Video

Start of Turn

Before anyone moves.

Time to sieze the city of Liberty.

A rocket barrage is fired off into the Libery Nation city.

And our Militia in the west get ambushed by raiders and cut to pieces.

We draw up plans for an applied science council.

End of Turn

The noose closes around Liberty.

And that is a mighty big marauder zone.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 4

Apologies I accidentally edited and lost the post this instead of posting turn five, doh.

Turn Video

battlefield91

Post by battlefield91 »

I´m reading. Like your story. Hope you get some juicy artifacts from that ruin :)
Saarud

Post by Saarud »

Hello. I like your style of writing. Please continue! :)
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 5

Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy it!

By the way if you want to play some MP there area good number of games going on via discord. Link: https://discord.gg/c9Yztpj

Turn Video

End of Turn

Hurrah, a new city!
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 6

Turn Video

End of Turn

City in hand, we set out for new conquests.

zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 6

Turn Video

End of Turn

City in hand, we set out for new conquests.

You troops usually need to take a few turns in the city to supress the unrest.
Not fighting the Unrest as hard as possible will jsut result in Happiness to drop way lower then nessesary, meaning a even longer recovery time.
Saros

Post by Saros »

I'm going to raise some light infantry to do it but right now expanding to get eyes on other minors to gobble up is the priority. I seem to have started away from the most densely populated parts of the map and with the terrible pop count of that first city I need to expand fast to stay competitive with the other players.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis turn 7

Turn Video

New friends to meet (and subsequently conquer).
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

Looks like fun. I watched only a bit of one of the videos, but I'm impressed by the work you put into this. Judging by what I saw in your video, multiplayer is I-Go-You-Go, yes? How do you like it?
Munashe

Post by Munashe »

I've watched every video aside from the most recent one. I'd also like to know how you find the multiplayer. I'm interested in trying it, and I heard there was a discord, but haven't been able to find a link. I just managed to win my first game on regular difficulty yesterday, so I think I've gotten a good handle on the basics.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 8

Turn Video

End of Turn

More farmers to consume, yum.

Multiplayer

The multiplayer is PBEM IgoUgo with a max of four players. It's much more suspenseful and I enjoy it much more than SP as it's slower paced and you can take your time with turns and think about long term strategy more. Obviously passing the save around four people sequentially can take a while but we also have blitz games where everyone arranged an evening to be online and churns turns as fast as possible.

We are using a discord I run which can be found here to organise games, feel free to come over. There is also a grognard games discord here where quite a lot of Shadow Empire players hang out.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 9

Turn Video

Start of Turn

End of Turn

No a lot of action this turn, we expand in the wilderness and wipe out some raiders.

scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 8

Turn Video

End of Turn

More farmers to consume, yum.

Multiplayer

The multiplayer is PBEM IgoUgo with a max of four players. It's much more suspenseful and I enjoy it much more than SP as it's slower paced and you can take your time with turns and think about long term strategy more. Obviously passing the save around four people sequentially can take a while but we also have blitz games where everyone arranged an evening to be online and churns turns as fast as possible.

We are using a discord I run which can be found here to organise games, feel free to come over. There is also a grognard games discord here where quite a lot of Shadow Empire players hang out.

I have many of Vic's games .... I'm curious as to why the Multiplayer games aren't generated from the Matrix website and rather on "discord" .....(which I'm not familiar with) ......
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: scout1

I have many of Vic's games .... I'm curious as to why the Multiplayer games aren't generated from the Matrix website and rather on "discord" .....(which I'm not familiar with) ......
Discord is a cross between a Voice Chat and Conventional Chat Programm.

For finding participants for multiplayer games, Discords chat funtion has proove better then any forum.
Saros

Post by Saros »

ORIGINAL: scout1

Basically Matrix has not bothered to set up a place for MP of Shadow Empire so we have had to make our own and discord is a very convenient tool with a large established games community.
Saros

Post by Saros »

Ruined Megapolis Turn 10

Turn Video

End of Turn

Damn those Nomads, they are among my least favorite minor nations.

Return to “AAR”