Turn Processing Time

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

solops

Turn Processing Time

Post by solops »

I am playing with beta 1.12h. It took 22 minutes to process turn 200. Is this in line with what others are seeing?
I have an i7-4770 with 32 gigs DDH3 RAM and an Nvidea 1070 video card.

Edit: Win 10
Medium sized world,
Nothing else running except Bitdefender.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
bavarian kid

Re: Turn Processing Time

Post by bavarian kid »

Please allow me some follow-up questions.

Which "AI speed" setting did you select?
# Normal
# Slow AI processing
# Very slow AI processing

Do you have a secret sercive council and maxed recon on your medium sized world?
Critter density can be an additional factor for turn processing ;)

solops

Post by solops »

AI speed is normal. Not sure about Maxed Recon. It is whatever the default is. And at turn 200, there are no critters left, only armies :)
The Secret Service council was activated on turn 200. No director has been chosen, yet. That does not seem to have impacted the turn time. It has been about this speed for some time. All of the other councils are in play.
Last edited by solops on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
Voker57

Post by Voker57 »

Sounds normal for denser worlds.
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

solops wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:11 pm I am playing with beta 1.12h. It took 22 minutes to process turn 200. Is this in line with what others are seeing?
That processing time seems very excessive. I mostly play small-medium planets and there is definitely slow down after one hundred turns. However, processing time is reasonable. Maybe up to 1-3 minutes, iirc, on PC with i5-9600K and 16 GB RAM.
solops

Post by solops »

My planet is 189x78
solops

Post by solops »

So we have two who say 22 minutes is normal for turn 200 and one who says that is not normal.
Culthrasa

Post by Culthrasa »

For me, 22 minutes seems excessive.. I also play on bigger maps, and a turn does take longer on higher turn numbers, but think I never exceeded 5 minutes orso (and my PC is not the newest). It just feels too long (and no fun if you want to play!)
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

There may be some in game circumstances that provide a "googly" to the turn processing ... I wonder if it would be worth VRs time to investigate? Perhaps upload a save file?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Sure!
Send a savefile to vic@vrdesigns.net with a link to this thread please.
Always interested in exceptionally slow turns :)
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Would still be interested in getting that 20 minute save file...

Recent patch should also have improved AI speed, without sacrificing quality of moves.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
solops

Post by solops »

I will be happy to send it. However, I am on the road (using my laptop) and the file is at home on my desktop. The earliest I can send it will be December 15. No one at home has a prayer of getting in and sending the file.

Return to “Shadow Empire”