City information screen

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

solops

City information screen

Post by solops »

Is there a summary screen that details recruitment rates (recruits and colonists) and pay scales for them in all of the cities? Right now I have to laboriously go through each city, one at a time, to find this data.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
mroyer

Re: City information screen

Post by mroyer »

solops wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:40 pm Is there a summary screen that details recruitment rates (recruits and colonists) and pay scales for them in all of the cities? Right now I have to laboriously go through each city, one at a time, to find this data.
I agree - laborious. I haven't found a summary screen which would be very helpful. I have taken to keeping track by hand of some of these things as I modify them, like recruitment rates. Others stats change on their own (like private sector pay rates), so it does no good to keep track separately and I periodically do a "survey" and "census" :?
JeanleChauve

Post by JeanleChauve »

You can find the worker pay scale in the treasury cashflow overview report for all cities at once.
If you give a bonus for recruits and colonists, you can also easily deduct their number in this same report.
If you don't give bonuses, like I do, the easiest way is to look at the "items" tab in each of the cities..
Attachments
salaires.png
salaires.png (2.96 MiB) Viewed 641 times
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

JeanleChauve wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 pm You can find the worker pay scale in the treasury cashflow overview report for all cities at once.
If you give a bonus for recruits and colonists, you can also easily deduct their number in this same report.
If you don't give bonuses, like I do, the easiest way is to look at the "items" tab in each of the cities..
Yeah, this is good as far as it goes, but it doesn't give the private-sector pay scale for comparison; and it's that relative comparison that's important for worker happiness. So, you still end up doing the salary survey - or just noticing when worker happiness is in decline and then checking the salary disparity.

-Mark R.
JeanleChauve

Post by JeanleChauve »

Yes, I would be happy to have this information available in the treasury report, but that was not the question posed by Solops.

Anyway, I go through the population button pretty much every turn because I like to know what they're going to build and whether I should help them or stop them.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

JeanleChauve wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 am Anyway, I go through the population button pretty much every turn because I like to know what they're going to build and whether I should help them or stop them.
Me too - at least until I get into the 20 to 30 zone range. Then I still try but sometimes it lags to every other or every third turn.

-Mark R.
solops

Post by solops »

My particular issue in my current game is recruitment. I need to change this up for my new war. And I need to change up worker salaries to redirect population flow. I dread going through all of the screens to manage all of this. A summary screen would allow me to address only the cities that I need to, rather than all of them. That would be a huge time saver.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
JeanleChauve

Post by JeanleChauve »

solops wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:09 pm My particular issue in my current game is recruitment. I need to change this up for my new war. And I need to change up worker salaries to redirect population flow. I dread going through all of the screens to manage all of this. A summary screen would allow me to address only the cities that I need to, rather than all of them. That would be a huge time saver.
I'm having trouble understanding what you want as a summary screen other than the treasury report.
You have there the wages of the workers and the bonuses of the recruits and colonists.

And if you don't give a bonus, do it! 0.001 bonus credit in all cities once and for all, even if you don't recruit anything. Don't tell me you have trouble paying some credits if you're overwhelmed with towns.
If "given" is greater than 0, you are recruiting people, in fact 1000 per credit given.
You want to know how much population there is in the cities with the cash report open, use the quick zone bar (left side).

Do you need to know the population and worker happiness of all your cities at a glance?
Reports->Zones->Zones overview
solops

Post by solops »

^ As I clearly said, recruitment rate. The finance screen does not have it. And yes, the Zones Overview screen is very useful. I use it frequently. I have no clue what the rest of that post was all about.
JeanleChauve

Post by JeanleChauve »

solops wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:45 pm ^ As I clearly said, recruitment rate. The finance screen does not have it. And yes, the Zones Overview screen is very useful. I use it frequently. I have no clue what the rest of that post was all about.
Sorry if I don't understand English well, you noticed that it's not my usual language.

For me, recruitment rates are calculated by dividing the number of recruits enlisted by the size of the population.

You have the number of enlisted recruits per city in the treasury report and the size of the population in the quick zone bar which may be open at the same time.

Do we have the same definition of recruitment rates?

Return to “Shadow Empire”