Where are my recruits? Brainfart, no Bug! [Resolved]

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Arralen

Where are my recruits? Brainfart, no Bug! [Resolved]

Post by Arralen »

I started with 2 zones, and set my starting zone to "recruit up to 300", and in the zone panel it says "Recruited 300 ..." on mouseover.

My second zone is set to "recruit 0", because pop is only growing slowly.

Then a minor that I was protector of got attacked, and joined me automatically.
Set the zone to "recruit up to 200", and in the zone panel it says "Recruited 200 ..." on mouseover.

Yet, the ressource panel on the left only shows "+300", and the mouseover says "Delivered from zones: 300"

Where are those 200 recruits from the 3rd zone? Am I looking for them at the wrong place?
Last edited by Arralen on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeoMPanther

Re: Where are my recruits? Brainfart or Bug?

Post by LeoMPanther »

I suppose the first question is. Does your new zone have the logistics capacity to get the recruits to the SHQ? Is the zone happy and loyal enough to have people join as recruits?
Arralen

Post by Arralen »

LeoMPanther wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:49 pm Is the zone happy and loyal enough to have people join as recruits?
Should be ... and the game actually tells me that people have been recruited, otherwise I hadn't noticed I guess.
Shouldn't happen if they hadn't, right?
Does your new zone have the logistics capacity to get the recruits to the SHQ?
Should, but I am not sure. Have seen no message/alarm that recruits couldn't be "delivered", but maybe there is none?
In case those recruits did not find their way to SHQ, is there any screen where they should show up ... couldn't find anything!??
LeoMPanther

Post by LeoMPanther »

In the MNG screen if you expand the inventory reports of the zone in question, it should show you if any recruits were produced and how many could be delivered to the SHQ. Beyond that I'm not sure, what else to check for.
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Did you make sure the new city was connected to the SHQ? From my very scratchy memory, cities that you acquire need to be assigned an SHQ whereas cities you build or conquer are automatically assigned the SHQ that acquired them. As Leo says, the Expanded Assets tab in MGT should show the issue and connection status.
Arralen

Re: Where are my recruits? Brainfart, no Bug! [Resolved]

Post by Arralen »

Many thanks!
Guess I was able to find them now, finally :|
1.11.04_RecruitsLostFound01.png
1.11.04_RecruitsLostFound01.png (95.45 KiB) Viewed 84 times
.. never payed much attention to that tab of lower bar at all - didn't realise that recruits would show up there as well ...

My problem with the delivery seems to be this (the SHQ seems to have been set automatically):
1.11.04_RecruitsLostFound02.png
1.11.04_RecruitsLostFound02.png (635.51 KiB) Viewed 84 times
But how do I solve it? Railway is not anoption, I need all my metals for the war effort ... maybe a supply base right in the middle between both cities (on the 8th hex from both sides), that I turn into a city later?
LeoMPanther

Post by LeoMPanther »

A supply depot wont do much beyond extending the range a bit. Setting up a truck station at the halfway point could help but at present it seems there's just not enough logistical capacity between the two cities that could be more easily solved by upgrading the truck stations in the cities if possible. As it seems your current capacity is exhausted.
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

The SHQ has a default order for using the logistics system. First they send resources to the zones if they can. Then they send supplies to units. Third they bring back resources from the zones. And finally they send out replacements. You can specify how much can be reserved for this but often if you are at war the SHQ will be prioritising food, fuel, and ammo to the troops along the line first.
You most likely need to upgrade the truck stations or if it is units in the war taking the logistics, pause for a while and let the logistics catch up.

Return to “Shadow Empire”