WL10 scenario - all the command levels

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

Rommel15

WL10 scenario - all the command levels

Post by Rommel15 »

Hello,

Someone on the Steam discussions asked how to be able to play as someone other than Napoleon on the WL10 full army scenario. Such as a brigade commander, or just a corps commander rather than having to control everybody.

A dev replied: "you can create a modified version of scenario activating all the command level; open a post on the game forum, I can give you the files modified using the sdk if you have not mod experience"

I have no mod experience so I thought I'd post here and request these files.
mitra76

RE: WL10 scenario - all the command levels

Post by mitra76 »

Here your scenario, unzip and place it inside Users\User\Documents\SowWL\Scenarios; open the user scenarios section in the game and you will find it here, you can select what officer you want.

Please note: the strategic AI now is free because the player is not forced to be Napoleon, so it can follow whatever plan it wants also not historical.
Attachments
WL10LaBa..dversion.zip
(46.43 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Rommel15

Post by Rommel15 »

Thank you very much
ETF

Post by ETF »

Mitra76 are there any good scenarios for a say 2 Corps vs 2 Corps? Armies are too big for our group, but a couple of corps are just right :)
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

No I still have not the occasion to make one because usually a corps is sufficient in multi being the default corps with 4 or more divisions. But I'll do something like this as soon I can
ETF

Post by ETF »

Wow fantastic!
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Champagne

Post by Champagne »

How does this scenario work with the KS Mod?
Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato
Mr Digby

Post by Mr Digby »

Info on that is here:

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1636 ... help#17598

The KS Mod team has no idea quite how it will work as none of us play the stock scenarios. The KS Mod was mainly built for MP play and user-created SP scenarios. It works fine with sandbox and the sandbox campaign but I'd be wary of using it with any stock scenario because troop behaviour is different (especially skirmishers and artillery).
mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

ORIGINAL: mitra76

Here your scenario, unzip and place it inside Users\User\Documents\SowWL\Scenarios; open the user scenarios section in the game and you will find it here, you can select what officer you want.

Please note: the strategic AI now is free because the player is not forced to be Napoleon, so it can follow whatever plan it wants also not historical.

Thanks for providing this, but any chance we can get an update so it can benefit from some of the changes that were done to the stock WL10 and WL20 scenarios with the recent patch?

I started this scenario as Lobau in command of the French VI Corps. I noticed that Teste and his 21st Division were part of my corps and that the two light cavalry divisions of Domon and Subervie were attached to one of the reserve cavalry corps.

I believe the 1.1 update still has Domon and Subervie attached to a reserve cavalry corps, but Teste's division correctly was removed from the VI Corps' Waterloo OOB. [I'd remove Teste myself if someone instructed me on how to do it.]
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Thanks for providing this, but any chance we can get an update so it can benefit from some of the changes that were done to the stock WL10 and WL20 scenarios with the recent patch?

+1 please Mitra :)
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

No problems
Attachments
scenarios.zip
(100.71 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

Thanks a lot, mitra76, for providing these and in such a prompt manner. It is appreciated. However, I cannot get them to appear in the game.

I extracted the two scenario folders from their .zip file and placed them in the Documents\SowWL\Scenarios folder. I then started the game and went to the User Scenario menu, but neither scenario is showing.

What am I missing?
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

Try to change their name to another.
mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

ORIGINAL: mitra76

Try to change their name to another.

That did the trick. Thank you.
mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

Ok, I was trying these scenarios out last night and have a concern.

I started the newly modded and updated version of WL10 "La Bataille de Mont St. Jean" as Lobau's French VI Corps because I wanted to observe how the AI handles the battle. Well, the AI didn't appear to be handling anything because it didn't move anything. I watched for over 40 minutes as not one French combat unit budged from its initial starting positions. It was just artillery firing and supply wagons meandering around to seemingly no purpose. (Another concerning issue is that supply wagons are NOT re-supplying depleted artillery units.) I also witnessed no couriers or any other indication that AI units were receiving orders. It appeared that all the AI controlled forces were still on Take Command as they are in the stock WL10 scenario, but as a subordinate commander I had no ability to change that stance.

So, I decided to try Lobau again, but this time in the modded and updated version of WL20 "The Battle of Waterloo." This time I did observe some life on the part of the French forces. I saw couriers in transit and even received an "order" from the Emperor: "TacQuadFour" or something similarly unintelligible. Battalions from Reille's II Corps did advance and attack the Hougoumont woods. So, there was life in the French AI. However, my concern is that the Anglo-Allied forces in the modded version WL20 are in the same situation as the French forces are in the modded version WL10: apparently all still on "Take Command" as they are in the stock scenario and thus not able to move or react. I did not observe long enough to know for sure if that's the case, but seeing that appears to be the issue with the French in the modded version of WL10 I have my concerns that it's the same the Anglo-Allies in WL20.

EDIT: It appears my suspicions may be correct: the AI is not functioning in these scenarios. If you play as a subordinate in the French scenario (WL10) then none of the other French units will move. Likewise, if you play as a Anglo-Allied subordinate in the Anglo-Allied scenario (WL20) then your troops are on their own. It is possible that all the AI controlled forces are still on Take Command as they are in the stock scenarios? That's fine if you're playing an army commander as required in the stock scenarios, but if you're not as you're supposedly allowed to do in these modded scenario then it makes them pointless to play.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”