Sandbox Campaign

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

basilstaghare

Sandbox Campaign

Post by basilstaghare »

I have never played the SoW series but have watched some youtube gameplay. I was curious about how the campaign works? Could you roleplay a division commander thru a series of fictitious battles? Would you have options between battles to refit your division? Does the sandbox option allow you to set up the campaign in different ways for replayability? Thanks.
Biondo

RE: Sandbox Campaign

Post by Biondo »

Hi, about your first question, no, you can play only as Napoleon or Wellington.

I can't remember very well if you can recover wounded, probably yes by staying in certain towns for a certain amount of time but I'm not sure. I'm quite sure that doing so you can gain some experience but keep in mind that is a short campaign so you'll not see green troops becoming Guards.

There're several type of campaign like occupy more towns than enemy, take his line of communication, simply destroy the enemy and one or two other type.

Regards

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”