volley fire

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

pcelt

volley fire

Post by pcelt »

Can someone please just clarify for me how the volley-fire command actually work
Do you need to press to activate command then again later to fire -or is activating the command enough and unit fires one volley when ready.--Many thanks.
LittlePowell_NSD

RE: volley fire

Post by LittlePowell_NSD »

Basically when you press the volley button, you are ordering the unit to stop firing and load for a volley. Depending on the experience of the unit, it may take a few seconds, to several seconds for them to fire. If you press the volley button again (before the unit has the chance to fire) they will go ahead and fire off the volley, but it will not be as effective since not all units have had a chance to load.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
jomni

Post by jomni »

I see it more as a hold fire command with the consequence of unleashing a volley when cancelled.
con20or

Post by con20or »

They will fire automatically when the enemy get close enough - but veteran units will hold fire longer to reduyce the range and maximise damage.
pjsynnott

Post by pjsynnott »

Every day I'm discovering more depth in this game.

Or people are telling me about it. [:)]
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

we need a twiki
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
HeinzFiction

Re: volley fire

Post by HeinzFiction »

Hey guys, sorry for diggin up this thread

im really looking forward to buy waterloo, however what bugs me (and i know its kind of a small thing) is how the volley command works. afaik i have to click it once to order my troops to reload, and then have to click again to unleash the volley. which is a bit too micromanagy for me. i would prefer to issue the order once so they continously fire themself. is there a way to achieve this?
roy64

Post by roy64 »

HeinzFiction wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:54 pm Hey guys, sorry for diggin up this thread

im really looking forward to buy waterloo, however what bugs me (and i know its kind of a small thing) is how the volley command works. afaik i have to click it once to order my troops to reload, and then have to click again to unleash the volley. which is a bit too micromanagy for me. i would prefer to issue the order once so they continously fire themself. is there a way to achieve this?
The answer to your question is in the second post.
HeinzFiction

Post by HeinzFiction »

roy64 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:35 pm
HeinzFiction wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:54 pm Hey guys, sorry for diggin up this thread

The answer to your question is in the second post.
Doesnt look like it work that way judging from videos and the game manual

"Volley(b). When clicked once, this orders all soldiers in
the unit to cease fire and reload. When clicked again, it
orders all soldiers fire a volley and then resume fire at will."

as it seems some players have made quite different experiences. i mean i get it when the ai decides to hold fire until enemys come closer. however when the enemys dont come closer, the ai is waiting forever and get slaughtered in the meantime. i didnt play the game myself so i cant rely on my own experience but it doesnt look like it works the way intended
roy64

Post by roy64 »

HeinzFiction wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:19 pm
the ai is waiting forever and get slaughtered in the meantime.
That's one reason I stopped using the command. I think this was mentioned on the NorbSoftDev site along time ago & got fixed, I think.
roy64

Post by roy64 »

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”