Uber Unit

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

sba55

Uber Unit

Post by sba55 »

I don't know who else has stumbled on this but when using the elite units mod that lets you get SS units the 12.8cm flak is the most awesome weapon in the game. It does incredible damage in either AA or AT mode. It has a lot more ammo than traditional Arty units and with a range of 3 you can stand back and destroy waves of Soviet tanks and infantry. I set up a screen of them behind my infantry and am able to more than hold my ground without using my own tanks. In defensive missions I leave them in AA mode and wait till the red air force attacks. After decimating them in the first turn or so I convert them to AT mode.

It will reduce most 10 strength tanks by 50% or more and can totally eliminate arty and aa units with one shot. This must have been some type of special set up by the mod developer because neither the generic or SE version of the gun seem to do this. You have to get the SS version.

I read where the original game developers did not make that weapon "convertible" because it would be a super weapon. Well in the new units mod it is just that.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”