New AWD map

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Wargamer74

New AWD map

Post by Wargamer74 »

This is a new map I did for the stock game. It's similar to Lebatron's Deluxe AWD map except it does not change gameplay in anyway, for those who want a more advanced game should download Lebatron's mod. All the sea regions are still original. Warsaw was added to the map as well but this is only for English.

Also there's a number of other things included with the download.

UPDATE: I went back to the original chips displayed in the upper left corner but instead of the gold border it now has the silver/chrome border like it should be.

A new red oak background for all text popups, I think it makes the font look sharper and easier to read.

A Nazi flag for Germany.

New Video cut scenes:
Warsaw falls
Cairo falls
The low countries joins the WA, declares war on Germany
Finnish Winter War
Romanian border war event
Stalingrad falls
Rome falls when the WA player takes Northern Italy
The Axis and Allied victory cutscenes have been extended.

Some of the cutscenes are better than others, it was next to impossible finding video for the Romanian border war event. I kept all videos except for the Axis and Allied victory ones to around 30 to 36 seconds long and with the same Global times newspaper that you see in the originals. Also I made sure to keep them clean, you will not see references to Nazism, the holocaust or people being killed.

There's a few other minor things like adding missing tooltips in the Spies and Signals intelligence screen.

This mod should be compatible with Global Glory.

To install open the mod dat folder and copy and past all text files in Gary Gribsy's World At War A world divided/dat folder. The combat folder and the popup_BG.bmp file goes in dat/art, copy and paste the new map regions in dat/art/map folder and all gui files goes in dat/art/gui. All videos goes in dat/video.

Here's some screenshots, the quality of these pictures isn't as good as the actual game.

mod linkhttp://www.mediafire.com/?6pad9hrw8qihbb1

UPDATE: I decided to take out the animated combat effects, after some more testing it may be causing subtle issues with the combat results since AWD wasn't originally designed for this, with this mod I've noticed more automatic hits occurring and it could be introducing other glitches , I apologize if anyone has had any problems.

Attachments
europe.jpg
europe.jpg (171.96 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
Wargamer74

RE: New AWD map

Post by Wargamer74 »

screenshot

Attachments
Asia.jpg
Asia.jpg (178.45 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

screenshot

Attachments
America.jpg
America.jpg (173.11 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Interesting what you did with the US/British flag. Also like that you added more event videos.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

Interesting what you did with the US/British flag. Also like that you added more event videos.

I always thought there should be more videos for the political events instead of just a text popup for the Finnish winter war or the Rumanian border war event. In the future I plan on making a few more for the Japanese and the WA. I don't know if its possible to have two videos for the same region but I would like to have something for D-day but theirs already a video for Paris falls.

Lebatron I don't know if your still working on another update to Deluxe AWD but feel free to use whatever you like out of my mods. Also what software did you guys use for making the newer sprites in AWD? I'm currently working on some using Gimp but its a serious pain in the ass, it would be nice to have more unit upgrades for tanks and subs.
midgard30

Re: New AWD map

Post by midgard30 »

I've just discovered this map for the original AWD, that I was wishing for since I bought the game in 2006 (the first version of WaW didn't have the dash lines along the borders)! So a big thanks for it... 11 years later! :D

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”