air defense

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

philturco

air defense

Post by philturco »

Would like to hear ideas on best defense for axis against bomber offensive by western allies and Russia against axis factories and other infrastructure. Is is fighters,flak,or perhaps giving up some areas as "lost" and concentrating defense in the rest. It seems like a committed allied air war is quite difficult to oppose.
MrQuiet

RE: air defense

Post by MrQuiet »

Concentrate your fighters (most likely W Germany)
Multiple Flak units everywhere else worth protecting thats in range of HBs stationed in England.

When areas with multiple resources or factorys are bombed do not repair everything in that area if you can repair somewhere else.
That way on the next bombing attempt some bombers will target already damaged factorys or resources.

But sometimes the best German air defense is aggresive offense.
Get your fighters to range3 asap and base them in W Germany.
Build most of your fighters in West Germany.
When you have a advantage in numbers and teck strike English airfields.
Your damaged fighters will repair on the same turn and be available for defense (most likely in WGermany)
Depending where the WA built there fighters they may be repaired all over the globe and will not be available to the WA player on his next turn.
And the ones that do repair in England will eat up the WA very limited pop points in UK.
philturco

Post by philturco »

thanks Mr.Q. It helps. Getting back into the game after being away for a while. I played a lot of WAW and find i'm a little rusty tackling AWD.
jermanie

Post by jermanie »

I am new to the game. I've tried to get the fighters to attack England. It keeps saying "Illegal move." Is there any way to circumvent this? Thanks.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: jermanie

I am new to the game. I've tried to get the fighters to attack England. It keeps saying "Illegal move." Is there any way to circumvent this? Thanks.
You need to research level two speed and you will be able to reach England, unless you play Global Glory which has special rules.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
jermanie

Post by jermanie »

Can you tell me the purpose of evasion and speed? The manual doesn't explain enough about it. Also, when I am attacking Russia in the long run, the Allies keeps building up the planes and then using them all to attack my European countries before making a "Normandy" invasion. What is the best way to block this off? I tried to build a lot of bombers and then using them all in England, but I encounter heavy losses.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Speed tells you the number of areas you're able to move, say you had speed up to 3 then you could move three areas, a double line indicates 2 movement points are needed.

Evasion: you multiply it by the units durability and you get a "defense factor" say evasion=6 and durability=3 then the attacker has to roll 18 or more with the dice in order to damage/destroy your unit.

As for blocking air raids you need to build a combination of fighters and aa guns and improve their attack and defense values through research.

Bombers must be scorted unless there are no enemy fighters.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Return to “The War Room”