Round 2 2vs2 BoerWar/haudrauf vs Dahnyul/kondor

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

BoerWar

RE: Round 2 2vs2 BoerWar/haudrauf vs Dahnyul/kondor

Post by BoerWar »

Germany - Sum '44: The devastation in the East continues with a scorched earth strategy on both sides. The ring around Moscow has tightened while the rest of the army pushes east. Elsewhere, the newly rebuilt factory in Scotland is bombed and one sub is active in the Atlantic. The Atlantic Wall, Med, Africa and the Middle East are reinforced. A lavish bunker has been set aside in Berlin for our friend Hirohito.[8D]

Turn sent to everyone because I'm not sure if Haudrauf still has to log in now that Japan is gone.

Attachments
GermanySum443.jpg
GermanySum443.jpg (115.86 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

Well, the Big Grey Meanie has been rolling his big ole' tanks around the Russian Steppe at will. Which is odd, because none of the Russian soldiers are named Will.

Anyway, not much to do except hunker down and cringe.

Dahnyul as Russia sends Summer 44 turn to Dalibor as Western Allies.

I think I let my partner down again.

DS
Hello, Buddy the Elf. What's your favorite color?
kondor

Post by kondor »

After Japan out of the way, plans for Germany are being made... First we cleared the sky over continent by damaging/destroying all the FT-s + HB over Berlin... As continent is well garrisoned we will have to find some hole for D-day... But not quite yet there...
First Berlin factory is damaged and the rest will surely follow...
Lone sub in Atlantic is sent to dry docks, but 6 of them are still hiding (some in Baltic sea, some in Med..)

My partner has not let me down! He is still in this fight, altough fighting alone against superior wehrmacht troops! That is quite an accomplishment for a new player...
I must say that Dahnyul has come far (and fast to) from the start of this tournament[;)]

Attachments
germanyft.jpg
germanyft.jpg (152.44 KiB) Viewed 355 times
BoerWar

Post by BoerWar »

Germany - Fall '44: With our ability to conduct offensive operations coming to a close one last push is made against Russia. Moscow and the Urals hold against our attack. The Luftwaffe is rebuilt from scratch. A picture of the European and African theater is provided.

turn sent to Dahnyul.

Attachments
GermanyFall44.jpg
GermanyFall44.jpg (169.63 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

Likely survived the only major attack from Germany that did not fully succeed. However, strength of Russian forces is extremely compromised.

Thanks for small blessings:

Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

Forgot to add my screen shot. Just the smallest of relief:

Attachments
fall44.jpg
fall44.jpg (11.34 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

Here is how Germany's troop count sits:

Attachments
fall44b.jpg
fall44b.jpg (35.2 KiB) Viewed 355 times
kondor

Post by kondor »

You can lower the count after my turn. But atlantic wall still holds...
So maybe a different rout will be needed ;-).
Air battles over Europe continues, and Luftwaffe cannot stand such losses for long...
4 more factories damaged in W. Berlin!
Doug plays a great defense so far[&o], and WA must fight for every inch of the ground... Iraq for one. Again axis troops hold their ground even faced with large destruction...
Every turn Hitler dishes some subs out to Atlantic and each time they are destroyed/damaged, but next turn here they are again![&:]
When will they see the light?[:D]

I fear that SU will be out next turn or two... It will be the race against the clock again...

Attachments
bombing.jpg
bombing.jpg (141.16 KiB) Viewed 355 times
BoerWar

Post by BoerWar »

Germany - Win '45: I wish it were Winter every turn. [:D] The Urals are finally taken, but Moscow still stands isolated. Dahnyul put up a heck of a fight. We build more fighters for those dreaded Mustangs to shoot down. Iraq and Africa are reinforced, again. Too bad it ain't snowing there. [8D]

turn sent to Dahnyul.

Attachments
GermanyWin45.jpg
GermanyWin45.jpg (151.21 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

My cunning strategy is to steal all of Germany's bullets by absorbing them into our troops chests. Anyway, I am done like dinner. No chance now as Moscow is truly isolated, and is surrounded by superior troops.

Good luck Western Allies!

Dan
kondor

Post by kondor »

Greece joins the WA[:D], Iraq has finally fell! In first attack I had 70% chance and failed[:@], but after some bombing with mine CAG-s, there where no axis troops left to tell the story [:)].
Berlin was again bombed, this time with heavy losses... Our FT-s are the same quality for some time now... And WA is using its numbers advantage...
Portugal has been reinforced for spring attack on Spain (psst don´t tell the Franco that, officially we are down there only to observe rare birds... yes, that´s it! RARE BIRDS!
HB-s are a little better now (6 def 6 LA), and sub war goes on and on... (Reich has only 2 subs left).
Will Moscow survive this turn?

Attachments
all.jpg
all.jpg (154.67 KiB) Viewed 355 times
BoerWar

Post by BoerWar »

Germany - Spr '45: No, Moscow does not survive. Russian army reduced to 3 Inf and a few isolated aircraft. OK, Churchill and Roosevelt, you greed warmongers. Bring it on. Greece will pay for its little backstab (I hope). Just not this turn.

Is it winter yet?[:D]

Turn sent to Dahnyul.

Attachments
GermanySpr45.jpg
GermanySpr45.jpg (166.52 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

The shame is tremendous. At best I can claim I was enough of a distraction to cause Germany to burn supplies on taking me out. My trusty Western Ally has breached the shores of Europe in an unorthodox fashion. The Greek beach head held so he should be able to reinforce there substantially. However, German forces are now freed from the annoyance of a Russian Front.

My apologies Kondor.

DS
kondor

Post by kondor »

Apologies not needed! I believe that you have learned a lot in this game and that you will use that knowledge in the games to come...
SU soldiers have fought brave and have inspired WA troops to give all that they can!
First dogfights occur again over Berlin, after that bombers came to take out rail on landing beaches (TLC was chosen for D-day). But GE AA where not just for decorations there... First hit gave one of the two AA veteran status. Second wave of the bombers (1HB+1CAG) again pulled No 1 dice and went down, AA=elite!
I was thinking about canceling the D-day and bombing some less protected infrastructure in France, but change my mind and sent two of mine veteran HB-s to take out that dreaded rail! And finally they came through! After that bombing was continued to suppress 2 of GE arty stationed there... Few more HB-s lost there... But eventually with HB-s + 2 HF-s, arties where damaged...
I called in 4 infantry and 1 veteran arty from England... Remaining defenders where 2 AA, I believe 2 infantry and 2 militia units (or 2 AA, 1 inf& 3 militia). I had about 65% chance of taking the ground and finally that has happened!
Now the situation looks good for WA, W. Germany is in danger, and all comes down to how many troops can Doug pull back next turn...
All the factories in W. Germany are destroyed or damaged... And I did some rail bombing in South Urals (where bulk of GE troops are) and they will not come back easily...
As shown in Dougs AAR axis forces have not reached the first watermark so I still have time to take down GE on time... Will I make it?

Attachments
tlc.jpg
tlc.jpg (156.96 KiB) Viewed 355 times
BoerWar

Post by BoerWar »

Germany - Sum '45: France is abandoned to the corrupt regime that ruled in the past. Albania is retaken and defenses are fortified. Will the Seigfried line hold?

Turn sent to Dahnyul.

Attachments
GermanySum45.jpg
GermanySum45.jpg (155.89 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Dahnyul

Post by Dahnyul »

Russia sends turn to Kondor (Western Allies)
kondor

Post by kondor »

Attack on Germany was conducted, but axis troops stand firm!
As shown in AAR losses should of been equal but at the end WA troops lose in ratio 2:1 (or 3:1 IIRC) I forgot to take SS of the actual battle report. Maybe Dahnyul could take one for me to show the report...
France is liberated, and TLC has been reinforced, infantry is upgraded and it is now equal as axis troops...
Arty-s are the same- (10LA)
Next post will be casulties so far... It shows that much production was placed into air and sub-trannies warfare...
Turn forwarded!

Attachments
equal_jpg.jpg
equal_jpg.jpg (156.69 KiB) Viewed 350 times
kondor

Post by kondor »

Damage report

Attachments
losses.jpg
losses.jpg (142.48 KiB) Viewed 350 times
BoerWar

Post by BoerWar »

Germany - Fall '45: Greece is pillaged in retribution for its stab in the back. More good lads are sent to the Siegfried line. In will roosevelt realize his war of aggression can not pay. The fuhrer has been ready to parlay ever since that rogue land to the east was brought in line.

I attached the results of last turn's WA attack since I didn't do much of note.

turn sent to Dahnyul.

Attachments
GermanyFall45.jpg
GermanyFall45.jpg (164.76 KiB) Viewed 350 times
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

Edit: I figured out the answer to my question.

Return to “After Action Reports”