The CAG OP fire - autohit

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

kondor

The CAG OP fire - autohit

Post by kondor »

@Joel & Eric

Goran has shared with me a screen while attacking the US CV fleet, and we believe there is a bug.
While moving in fleet units (HF, LF) a single US CAG on a CV OP fired on them as they are getting in the same area.
That's ok by the rules.

1) First IJN HF moves in, OP fire by 1 CAG. HF survives and it's ready to fight the US fleet.
2) Second IJN HF moves in, CAG gets an automatic hit and a star, HF destroyed.
3) IJN LF moves in, CAG gets an automatic hit, LF is destroyed.
4) IJN LF moves in, CAG gets an automatic hit, LF damaged.
5) IJN HF moves in, CAG gets an automatic hit, HF destroyed.

And so on, after the first OP fire without an automatic hit, every single subsequent OP fire was an automatic hit. That must be a bug. (I have a video with 2 subsequent auto hits, I'll share it in some way, if anyone wants to check it out).

IMO the OP fire for incoming naval attacks on CV-s should be implemented differently. Give attacker forces a chance. Make OP fire chance-based. 50% there will be OP-fire (due to the clouds, bad weather, surprise), the same way as subs get a 25% chance of attacking surface ships.

And this OP fire + auto hits every single time (except the first), is just too powerful. This way a single CV unit can be safe from the whole armada of IJN ships, and it's just wrong.
BB-s should be able to destroy undefended CV-s in a close engagement, without air support.
rjh1971

RE: The CAG OP fire - autohit

Post by rjh1971 »

I recall someone mentioning this as well. Iirc chances to get an autohit were 5%. So definetely a bug.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Dalibor I'm going to post a link to your post in the private forum, so Joel is aware.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Thanks for the report. I've made Karl aware of it. Since it's buried in old game code, Karl would have to do a lot of investigation just to figure out if he could understand the code well enough to make a fix. He'll take a look at it down the road, but for now we're focused on getting the MP sign up and player resignation issues fixed.

Once a Op fire gets a auto hit, is there something else you can do to break the chain of successive auto hits? For example, if you do another battle in between, or generate an op fire chance in another area does it break the chain? I realize this is hard to repeat given how hard it is to get an auto hit. Any additional info you can give us might help Karl once he has a chance to dig into the code. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”