Global Glory supply bug

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

AlbertN

Global Glory supply bug

Post by AlbertN »

Greetings,

In the map Global Glory, when Italy (And maybe other Axis minors) enter the war / join the Axis, all their supplies are smoked.
They litterally disappear from the map - which means Italy is entirely out of supplies. Ethiopia too making it pratically a targetting practice for the Allies.
boudi

Re: Global Glory supply bug

Post by boudi »

You're right, there was'nt any supply in Ethiopia when i launched the attack, and i checked in a solo game, there are usually 5 supplies here.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Anything Germany took in Axis lost supplies.

I am not sure if there are 5 supplies in Siam waiting for Jap or not - can easily check in single player without FoW.

Another thing I noticed is that no US entry ever happened by Submarine action. But I do not know if that's a feature of the specific map; or I've been massively lucky (given submarines hardly sank stuff) or if it is a bug.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Patch .58 came out but this bug still persists.

Some players that I've got in touch with avoid entirely to upgrade and stick to .40 as it seems PBEM way is bug-free.
If that is the case tbh it will make your latest patches pretty much redundant, as there is a shortage of a lot of supplies - and that is a lot of production (10 build points or so?)
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Did you get a private acknowledgment that this is been looked at?
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

No.

I suspect it won't be looked and as it is now I managed to install the 1.0.40 version and simply playing via PBEM.
That is bug free and works smoothly.

No point in having a more recent patch that is offering sure server games but they're broken.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

It offers better resolution too. So I hope it will solved.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

AlbertN wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:06 am No.

I suspect it won't be looked and as it is now I managed to install the 1.0.40 version and simply playing via PBEM.
That is bug free and works smoothly.

No point in having a more recent patch that is offering sure server games but they're broken.
Is it related to Global Glory or to all scenario? I am trying to determine if this is game related or scenario related.

Thanks
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

I've not tested it - but it's not a bug that comes in single player, only in the Server Games.
I tried only on Global Glory as that's the map used for multiplayer.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

I have setup a PBEM on Total War scenario to see if the same issue than Global Glory is present.
Would you help me to check?

It will help Joel and the team to investigate.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

I haven't played any server games, but what I have noticed that is odd while playing solo to play test Deluxe AWD is that if you play with simple supply on and Italy joins something odd happens. The new patch is placing the supply on the map like I have advanced supply selected. I can sort of fix this bug by clicking on the stacks of supply and then they transfer to the total supply, however they always leave behind 1 supply point which is annoying. Then I go about moving these single supply points into one stack to again click on to once again reduce to one supply point left on map. But in the end, there is no way to get rid of the final one. Even if you leave it in Greece, for example, so that it would be used to pay for garrison duty. The garrison duty check will ignore that supply sitting on the map and take from the general pool instead.

As I recall this wasn't the way simple supply worked years ago, but maybe I'm just wrong. I did play with Advanced supply almost exclusively.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Here, supplies are just disappearing, it seems. But, I don't know if this is linked to standard or advanced supply.

@AlbertN, which option are you running?
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Regarding what I said yesterday. I played stock AWD and the behavior I noted isn't happening there. I now know it's because my Deluxe mod scenarios are not in the new *.scn file format. The new format used to enable modern server play. So yeah, my issue is completely unrelated to what you guys are reporting. I honestly haven't even played anyone yet using the new server system.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

ncc1701e wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:08 pm Here, supplies are just disappearing, it seems. But, I don't know if this is linked to standard or advanced supply.

Advanced Supplies - otherwise they're not even on map the supplies and I do not know the behaviour.

Latest patch work smooth for SIngle Player. BUT if games are Server Games, the supplies in say Romania, Italy, Hungary, just go poof.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

AlbertN wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:14 pm
ncc1701e wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:08 pm Here, supplies are just disappearing, it seems. But, I don't know if this is linked to standard or advanced supply.

Advanced Supplies - otherwise they're not even on map the supplies and I do not know the behaviour.

Latest patch work smooth for SIngle Player. BUT if games are Server Games, the supplies in say Romania, Italy, Hungary, just go poof.
The question is: is it for all scenario or just Global Glory? Thus my test proposal.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

It's not a problem to setup a fake game in 2 online and just have a pass on all turns or so til Germans can attack Yugoslavia and align Hungary and see - I believe.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Looks like Karl (the programmer) has identified the issue with MP games and neutral countries. I can't say how long it will take to get the fix made and out, but wanted to let you know it is being worked on. Thanks for the report.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Joel Billings wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:52 pm Looks like Karl (the programmer) has identified the issue with MP games and neutral countries. I can't say how long it will take to get the fix made and out, but wanted to let you know it is being worked on. Thanks for the report.
Thanks a lot Joel and Karl. Do you know if this is also solving the point raised by Boudi here about WA production?
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 5&t=385105
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

A fix for this has gone to Matrix so hopefully will be out next week.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Joel Billings wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 pm A fix for this has gone to Matrix so hopefully will be out next week.
Wonderful news, thank you Joel.

Return to “Tech Support”