1.052 Beta Hotfix

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Erik Rutins

1.052 Beta Hotfix

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi all,

Thank you for testing the new beta for A World Divided. Based on your feedback, attached please find a new hotfix (unzip to your installation folder to overwrite your existing game executable file). This hotfix requires that you already be updated to the 1.051 Beta.

- Fixed error in save file version info that was causing valid Server files to be rejected
- Fixed error in Non-server games that was affecting filename lengths and preventing saves
- Added support for new 4 player game with Russia/China as a faction and no AI player.
- The error with ‘missing supplies’ was a side effect of the non-server bug, the game was being reset to a default condition.
-Fixed scroll bar positioning

Attachments
awd1052hot..dMeFiles.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
rjh1971

RE: 1.052 Beta Hotfix

Post by rjh1971 »

Thank you Erik, I will test it tomorrow.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I updated the attachment in the first post to include the readme files that were unintentionally excluded from the first upload. The game version and executable remains the same.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi Erik

I played my pbem turn, started under version 1.050, with v1.052 and so far everything was fine. The turn was sent to my opponent and I have asked him to play it with the new version. Hopefully everything will be all right. Will get back to you with the result.

Is the incompatibility from previous versions only for saves against the AI?

I like the addition of sending short messages [8D]
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Got the turn back from my opponent and so far everything keeps running smooth.

When I writing a message if the sentence is too long you stop seeing what you're writing. Could this be fixed?

In the read me file you should add that messages are displayed by clicking on the info button before or after the turn.

Or is there a way to view them while playing the turn?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Karl said that he'll look into the issue re not being able to see the messages are are too long. It's an old engine and may not be able to be fixed. There is no way to view them while in the turn, so yes that's a good idea to add it to the readme. Any news on how your game is going?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi Joel, the game keeps running smooth.

Could Karlis look at this old issue, if you minimize the screen while playing in window mode and return after a while the screen goes black and you can't keep playing. Same thing happens if in full screen when alt-tabbing.

Was the old bug of rebasing ships from port to port fixed? You could move ships from the West coast of the US all the way to the Med if you had enough bases in between.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I will ask him re the black screen, but don't expect he can fix it.

As for the rebasing, I don't know if there was ever a change. We're not in a position to change anything now. Jesse might know if it was fixed.

Glad to hear the game is still going well.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
gw15

Post by gw15 »

After reading about the latest upgrade to 1.052 I decided to load the game from my members area but the installation process says my serial number is invalid. The one in my members area is correct but installation doesn't recognize it. any suggestions?
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I would contact Matrix/Slitherine Support. Open a ticket. They will eventually fix it.
gw15

Post by gw15 »

I did. No resolution so far.
firefly101

Post by firefly101 »

Fixing the AI would be nice, The US AI doesn't like to invade Europe. Also Russia doesn't counter attack like it should.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”