Could use a multiplayer test game

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Joel Billings

Could use a multiplayer test game

Post by Joel Billings »

We'd ideally like to hear about anyone playing a game of AWD using the new multiplayer. Basically we're just looking for some feedback that the new system is working ok before Matrix remasters the update and announces a re-release of the game. I know this forum has very little traffic, but please let us know if you're playing an AWD game using the multiplayer system and let us know how it's going. Thanks. If you are looking for an opponent, feel free to use this post to try to find other interested players.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
rjh1971

RE: Could use a multiplayer test game

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi Joel,

I have asked an acquaintance if he is interested in a new game.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I set up a game and found an opponent.

Couple of things:

I could not enter a password to avoid any other gamer selecting the game created.

Do you know if AWD will still be affected by the server maintenance issue reported in this thread: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4962881

I didn't see the option for four players where one takes the USSR and China, and the other three Germany, Japan and Western Allies.
This used to be a very common set up for a multiplayer game. Why don't you consider introducing it before final release?
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

There are still server issues, no pbem can be run for the moment.

Attachments
AWD.jpg
AWD.jpg (111.97 KiB) Viewed 538 times
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

The server issue was fixed for Warplan but I am still getting the same error for AWD.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I am also getting an error when saving a game against the AI.

It reads "unable to save into a slot". Nonetheless it saves the game but when I load it I noticed all supplies were gone.

Anyone able to play the game normally and with the pbem++ new system with v1.051?
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

FYI I made a clean install before posting my previous post.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

FYI I had made a clean install before posting my previous post.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Reverted to v1.050 and it all works fine again.

Joel were you able to set up and start a new game with the latest beta version, either pbem or against the AI or H vs H?
nemessziliSlitherineSSL

Post by nemessziliSlitherineSSL »

I'd be interested in having a game, any side is fine.
nemessziliSlitherineSSL

Post by nemessziliSlitherineSSL »

I am also getting an error when saving a game against the AI.

It reads "unable to save into a slot". Nonetheless it saves the game but when I load it I noticed all supplies were gone.

Anyone able to play the game normally and with the pbem++ new system with v1.051?

Set up a game against the AI, same "unable to save into a slot", but I can't even load it afterwards.
Couldn't try multiplayer, lack of opponents.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi Joel

The Scenario V East vs West seems broken in multiplayer. Russia and the WA are controlled by the same player. Could you ask Karlis to take a look into it?
Me and Wayne have tried to played this scenario but the allied player ends up moving both the WA and the Russians.
If you need to run a quick test I'm available.

Attachments
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (34.33 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

After looking at this, we've decided to pull the Scenario V from the list of scenarios available for multiplayer play. Unfortunately it will be too much work to make this unusual scenario work for MP play. It will still be possible to play it outside of MP. Let us know if you see any other issues. As no other issues have been reported, I assume Matrix may make this the official version soon. Thanks for the report.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”