Public Beta v1.050 is Now Available!

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

HybridSpyda

Public Beta v1.050 is Now Available!

Post by HybridSpyda »

Hi Everyone,

A new Public Beta is now available for testing!

Grab the download from the Public FTP.

Please see the v1.050 Beta Change Log below.

1. Added Multiplayer to replace the PBEM system. This is accessed via one of the arrow buttons on the main menu (this button art will be changed in the final version). More info below.
2. Fixed the East/West Scenario that was previously incorrectly ending on turn 1. Also, changed Paris so it is worth 2 VPs.
3. Fixed a map bug that could cause some improper op fire near the Philippines.

Multiplayer – To utilize the multiplayer server, first create a user account at slitherine.com. You can use this to log into the multplayer lobby screen. There you can create a challenge game, choosing the scenario, game options, and number of players. You can also view challenges created by others which you can join. You can also see a list of games you are currently playing.

Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

Erik Rutins

RE: Public Beta v1.050 is Now Available!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone, this update to AWD replaces the TCP/IP multiplayer system which was having issues and the old PBEM system with the up to date PBEM++ system which our current games use. This makes multi-player much more friendly and easy to use.

However, we need your help to test and troubleshoot this.

Please also note the current UI art is purely placeholder. Once testing is complete, that will be replaced with final art.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bo Rearguard

Post by Bo Rearguard »

Thank you for being mindful of a classic game. [8D]
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I'll download the beta patch and test it once I'm back from my holidays.
Pity not many people seem to play it nowadays.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Why don't you announce the new pbem system for AWD in a thread in Matrix press releases, news and events section?
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Unfortunately Erik is away for the next 10 days on vacation, so it's not likely anything will be announced for a bit. Matrix may want to get some users testing this before announcing anything wider. We've done some internal testing, but really need to see some players use the new multiplayer version to know if we're ready for prime time. If you try an MP game, please let us know how it's going. When Erik returns we'll discuss whether we need to do more to find some betatesters.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi Joel, same applies to me I'll be back in ten days time from the beach, I will then try to find an opponent, I'm thinking of sending Jon P. an email to see how things are going for him and will ask if he had time for a testing game.
Kind regards.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I have created a challenge with the new patch, though I am not sure if anyone will see it.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I see your game that you set up. Hopefully someone will come along. Erik should be back this week and we'll see if we can open it up to some new betatesters.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
boudi

Post by boudi »

I will be available starting from Sunday in order to test the new multi-player system.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

I see your game that you set up. Hopefully someone will come along. Erik should be back this week and we'll see if we can open it up to some new betatesters.

Hi Joel, my game has been accepted today and have played the first turn.
I saw my opponent sent a message but I didn't see where is the button to send them. This button should be easy to spot. After sending the turn, are you able to send a message?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

No, IIRC, you can only send a message before you send the turn. I assume it goes with the turn file.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Matrix says they did a mailing today to the registered owners that they were legally able to email to. So hopefully this will generate some interest from owners. Looking forward to hearing how things go with the new MP system.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Thanks for the email. I'd never patched the game, so I had to do that before this one. It's inspired me to actually learn to play it [:'(]
Cheers, Neilster
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

No, IIRC, you can only send a message before you send the turn. I assume it goes with the turn file.
I think you can only send a message when setting up the game, once started I haven't found the way to do it. It would be nice to be able to send a message to your opponent even if only a short one.
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

I received my invitation, but have no idea where my game is. So I've reached out to the Support Team for assistance. This old classic is probably in the attic, as I suspect I had the CD version, and I don't have a CD drive on my latest computer, so not much point looking :(
Chance favours the prepared mind
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: Happycat

I received my invitation, but have no idea where my game is. So I've reached out to the Support Team for assistance. This old classic is probably in the attic, as I suspect I had the CD version, and I don't have a CD drive on my latest computer, so not much point looking :(
You can download the game from the member's area as long as you have it registered. No need to search for the CD.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

So far so good on the beta testing. I see several games are well in progress. Also, we have made it to the last player on turn 2 of a 5 player test with no issues.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

If I start a game with basic supply and switch it to advance supply, it nukes supplies down to 0.
Confident it's a bug!
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I don't have the game in front of me at the moment, but is that something that can only be changed when playing against the AI, or are you saying that's something that can be changed in MP play?
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”