Great discovery- trick to increase resolution

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

steelwarrior

RE: Great discovery- trick to increase resolution

Post by steelwarrior »

Hi,

I am playing with the newest patch - how can i chnage the resolution there - tried different things with my 24 monitor like my standard 1920 - it does not change anything, if I enter it in options...
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

Search on google or this forum to confirm but I think the key is to save a game. This creates a save folder and then preferences will be saved. So..
1) save game
2) set preferences (or maybe before save game...not sure) above resolution
3) exit
4) re-enter... resolution should be there

also try in windowed mode. but the above or something close to it should work. I had the same problem.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Just to be clear, it should no longer be necessary to use the trick I outlined. A patch made it possible to do within preferences. With 1.040 you state the size you want in x by y in the box provided. But don't try to put x and y in at the same time. In the pic you see I added 1270 first for x, then after you enter that in hit enter. Next it will ask you for y, then I added 960.

I run at 1280x1024 because I have a 19". I cut a few pixels off the numbers I entered because you don't want the games image to go under the taskbar. Once the game is loaded I drag the window to get it just right.

Attachments
ScreenHunter_01.jpg
ScreenHunter_01.jpg (6.6 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

Well for me with latest patch (as far as I could tell) I still have to get the save folder in. I had been doing the x then y. But it would just forget it. But may have been my bad.
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

Hi there,

thanks for the answers - now it has an error - it cannot save - error unable to save in the slot - any idea what that could be?
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

I would try deleting all the files in the C:..../dat/save folder. Don't worry, the game engine will regenerate these files when it reloads next time. There are 5 files in there that are basic to the game. Any extras are just your save files. They are all *.dat files and the game engine will recreate them. Save files are *.sav and PBEM ones are called *.psv these you could save. You could delete those as well if you are not worried about losing your save. It may be necessary anyway if your *.sav got corrupted.
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

Hopefully, someone can help me. I just bought the game, and it is great although it is guite old. I play 1920*1080, but can't see the in-game videos. I can hear the sound, but see nothing.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Switching to win7 64 caused the same problem for me. Nothing to do about it it seems.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”