This a bug or noraml?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Peltonx

This a bug or noraml?

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 1 it has 16 turn 2 47mps.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (254.11 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

RE: This a bug or normal?

Post by Peltonx »

before my moves turn 6 - its still at 25+ Mp's.

Been messing with logistics system vs AI to see how good MP's are past RH's - did not expect high 40's and Corps to be full of gas 27 hexes from RH and units 32.

Went back and checked and it flips turn 2 no matter what.

AI runs to much :)

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (245.17 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

This is normal - remember in WitW there are 4 levels of motorization.

0 - NOT MOTORIZED - No additional trucks.
1 - MOTORIZED - Trucks as standard.
2 - MOTORIZED (Temp 1 Turn). Unit has additional trucks but will hand them back to the pool after 1 turn.
3 - MOTORIZED (Temp Multiple Turns). Unit has additional trucks and will retain the trucks until de-motorized by a player.

The precise impact of the motorization state that results is dependent on the TOE of the unit.

These are:
None - No motorization is possible.
Supply Only - The supply elements can be motorized e.g. German Inf Div
Non Infantry - All the non Infantry elements can be motorized e.g. British Infantry Division
All - Fully motorized e.g. Panzer Division
Rail - Can be moved by rail.

For example a German Inf Div will only receive additional trucks for supply whilst a British Infantry Div can become Truck mounted.

Here you have a motorized for multiple turns a 'Non Infantry' OB. You pay an additional 1 x AP cost per turn (I think) as a penalty.

As to supply and MPs it is difficult to comment without seeing freight in depots - but you have an excess of trucks required in depots so all should be good.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Actually, I think this may in fact be a mistake in the data (unless Trey wanted to have the 1st Division always be considered a motorized unit and not pay the admin costs and he didn't want to set up a TOE for this unit to be fully motorized (a shortcut way of doing it, but I think this would cause other problems). I suppose this is possible, but I'm guessing unlikely since since it has only 16 MPs on turn 1 so at the point the MPs were set up it was being treated as non-mootorized. Seems something isn't right. Probably should be type 2 non-motorized, but Trey will have to say what he intended. For now you appear to have a permanently motorized 1st US ID in that scenario.

The database interaction of the OB motorization type and the specific status of a unit's motorization can be very confusing.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

To be honest after playing one test run of BoaP, WA players are really green to say the least.

How they are not in Berlin long before May 45 is kind of baffling and sad.

The logistics system is very much like 1.0 you can keep 40+ MP's forever it would seem with just 2 Panzer/tank Corps.

now how that will work for 2.0 will be interesting with 3-4 Panzer Corps - using my same 1.0 PC rotation.

Here you screen shot I have not moved yet same turn :)

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (316.59 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

1st Infantry Division was motorized for Operation Cobra.

Trey
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: el hefe

1st Infantry Division was motorized for Operation Cobra.

Trey

thanks bro

Great work by the way-keep up good work.

So what do you think of 49 Mp's 2 hexes from D-town?

There is allot of milk in the logistics cow [:D]

41 Russians will have no wheres near the CV of 44 Germans.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

You can be 50 hexes away and still receive supply from a depot.

In your example, you are easily within that range.

Now....freight movement occurs as if it is a motorized unit with a 99 morale. So under ideal circumstances that would be 1 mp per hex out to 50 hexes. (and you pay 0 mp for entering your unit's hex)

So if you have enough trucks, and are willing to suffer the extra losses to those trucks that the longer range causes...and the higher cost in freight to move that freight that distance....then yes. You can be fully supplied at that range.

But it is not sustainable. And there are so many ways it can go wrong.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

To be honest after playing one test run of BoaP, WA players are really green to say the least.

it really isn't that simplistic. This scenario starts with the allied armies in the perfect position in respect of supply. Quite simply you don't have enough trucks (or supply landing) to keep that going. At that stage you have a choice. Adopt the historic solution of let everybody starve a bit or prioritise key formations to keep their strength up.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: loki100

it really isn't that simplistic. This scenario starts with the allied armies in the perfect position in respect of supply.
Quite simply you don't have enough trucks (or supply landing) to keep that going. At that stage you have a choice.
Adopt the historic solution of let everybody starve a bit or prioritise key formations to keep their strength up.

I am playing AI as I did 1.0 as can be seen I did not RR a hex (AI did 1)or build a depot.
I can get to edge of map NP with trucks and MP's to spare all be it vs AI.

it really isn't that simplistic, I know which is why so few do what is done playing Germany 1.0 they simply are not
looking at the total package. Most people can't get a head of the learning curve and just play one side and they still never get
logistics right, just grind away as Russia completely missing the boat, only a few like MT/Chaos can turn Russia into Germany.

Both WitW and 1.0 are based on math, both systems are very much alike you added in a few things
but x tank requires x fuel and x-trucks to carry it ect.

Liquadsky Turn 4 WitE 1.0 at RH's/depot your only 30 hexes from Leningrad/past Kiev and a few hexes from D-town.
2.0 RR works the same. I know there are limiting factors as with 1.0,
but with WitW I am not seeing any that matter for WA if you are using same principles as WitE and driving west or east.

All good its is what it is and not going to change for 2.0 thankfully.

Just because you cant figure out how something is done does not mean its not possible.

So will June 22nd 1941 so time and distance are the same

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

2.0 RR works the same.

That is incorrect.