Bug Reporting

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

kentkroeckel

Re: Bug Reporting

Post by kentkroeckel »

Hello Mr. Red Lancer. I have an odd bug. I am trying to start a challenge 1943-1945 campaign, expanded allied air HQ and EFC not active. I am Allies and Mr. Kalzerius is Axis. Challenge attempts have used (balance) for password. my potential opponent has tried 3 times and on each he types in password but then the challenge still says Germany is needing to start the game. Of course as you know, Allies start turn one with that being the only phase of that turn. The second turn is when Germany gets to take action.

We gave up after three attempts. Mr. Kalzerius set up the challenge with all things being the same. I did notice though that the box for Allies having HQ's locked was not checked. In fact it had a big red X in it. I typed in balance for password and system said it was incorrect. Additionally, more options became populated with red X's.

I am at a lost and feeling embarrassed as to why this is happening. No clue! I put up my challenge again just as before with balance as password so that you can perhaps see what is going on. Mr. Kalzerius' challenge attempt is also up still at the time of this letter.

Thank you in advance for your help on this peculiar bug.
Best regards, Kent Kroeckel

PS: If Axis dedicate Torpedo and Level bombers, along with Patrol Craft on just Task Forces then 50-75 damage will be inflicted on them. Sometimes a 100 can be reached. This method will reduce Allies' amphibious pool since they only get 4 per turn.
kentkroeckel

Post by kentkroeckel »

To Mr. Red Lancer and team:
You must posses wizard genes in how you are able to find and then fix issues with game interactions. I offer a sincere and humble thank-you for your continued support of WITW.

Best regards, Kent Kroeckel

PS: Could it be WITW two is in the works. Exciting news this would be from the other side of the pond. Ha.
kentkroeckel

Post by kentkroeckel »

Hello again Mr. Red Lancer. Second turn and another bug issue. I am thinking maybe challenge is corrupted. Mr. Kalzerius sent me the game back to process the Allied second turn. The Challenge is 1943-1945 campaign short, no EFC Active. The scenario is expanded Allied air HQ. On the second turn, during the Allies' air phase the program cut off after running just a few air missions. Less than five seconds run time. I tried suspending all ground missions in case somehow program was getting confused with ground attacks and strategic air missions in same hex. Same result. On my system I have an internal game of the same makeup and it is running fine so I do not believe problem is on my end. I am feeling issue could be how Mr. Kalzerius downloaded game since this is the same challenge that would not load well initially. I am no expert but trying to give as many clues as possible.

Good Luck, Kent Kroeckel
PS You probibly do not need password for challenge but it is (balance).
kentkroeckel

Post by kentkroeckel »

Greetings Mr. Red Lancer

I have a game that was abandoned before it started. However, it seems the game will not switch over to completed, by reason of abandonment or resignation. After which games in completed status disappear after a month. Maybe this is becasue no turn activity was ever taken on the challenge by Mr. Zebtucker 12. Just a thought.

Challenge requested to be purged:
1943-1945 campaign game; EFC off. I, Kent Kroeckel am Germany and my opponent is Zebtucker 12. I asked Mr. Zebtucker 12 to terminate game if he does not want to play some time ago but received no response or action.

Thank-you in advance on this matter.
Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel

Return to “Tech Support”