WITW Steam Version Crashes

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Nimakai

WITW Steam Version Crashes

Post by Nimakai »

My Steam version crashes
After I hit Play (in steam) the WITW launcher opens. I hit play on that and a white screen appears for a moment. Then crashes back to the launcher.
I've tried running in admin mode (both WITW and STEAM), I've tried renaming video and sound folders, I've tried re-installing into a new directory entirely.

Can anyone help?

DXDIAG attached.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(102.08 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Phvpark

RE: WITW Steam Version Crashes

Post by Phvpark »

I have the same problem, i successful started and played one game, but afterwards on the same day i couldn't open it anymore, i tried everything i could find in the forums/steam but didnt succeeded, i opened a steam discussions too about this problem, still no response from the devs.
Edit: i found a solution for me, could work for you, hit play on steam, when the WITW launcher opens, hit play and continuously hit the mouse left click multiple times until the game appears on your taskbar and done(after you hit play the window will disappear but continue clicking the steam page or anywhere on your screen) if the windows is black but you hear audio, just press esc multiple times to skip the intro movies.
Niedowidek_slith

Post by Niedowidek_slith »

This is f************ ridiculous but it actually works !!!
Thank you, Phvpark :)
I saw several posts in Steam discussions and no solution found there worked for me (mostly "start with admin rights").
I rarely curse on public forums but it deserves it. Matrix charges 80+ USD for this game and they even cannot get it to start properly via Steam. Clicking mouse during startup is like magical incantation and brings memories of the 90s. So, maybe, I should thank Matrix for returning me back to my youth... XD
Thanks again :)
The most dangerous thing in the combat zone is an officer
with a map.
rixtertech

Post by rixtertech »

Speech recognition is indeed the problem on Win 10 in both a standard install or a Steam install. The easiest way I found to discover all the places where it needs to be turned off is to just hit the Windows command panel and search for "Speech". This should have been patched a long time ago. And if no-one wants to fix it, the least Matrix/Slith could do is start a "known problems and work-arounds" file that shows up in the read-me's.
"They're firing? But they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from ther-"

-Union Gen. John Sedgewick, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, 1864, KIA while berating a private for ducking sniper fire
Darojax

Re: WITW Steam Version Crashes

Post by Darojax »

@Phvpark

Thanks mate, spamming the left mouse button after starting in the launcher actually worked.
Denniss

Re: WITW Steam Version Crashes

Post by Denniss »

Please enlighten me - how may speech recognition play a role here?

Return to “Tech Support”