Icons on the screen during Air Execution Phase

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Bobbybat

Icons on the screen during Air Execution Phase

Post by Bobbybat »

Hi all. Firing up the ol' WiTW bad boy after a while. Re-reading everything is sight to try and get back to the at-best novice level I was at last time I played :)

I am starting off with Breakout and Pursuit again, and wanted to ask something that I have always wondered...As the WA I am running the first Air Execution Phase, and I noticed that as the AD's are running there are icons showing across my units and bases - little railway symbols and soldiers, even a couple of anchors...Red, green, orange/yellow colours...What do they actual mean?
BreakoutAirExecution.jpg
BreakoutAirExecution.jpg (144.98 KiB) Viewed 598 times
kentkroeckel

Re: Icons on the screen during Air Execution Phase

Post by kentkroeckel »

Green means the item is at 100 % I forget the specific number but I believe yellow is from 90-99 %. Red represents items below 90%. Items repair at different levels and size of item. For example, a (1) air field repairs quicker than a size (3) air field. Same holds true for size of port; 1-4. Hope that helps.
Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel
Bobbybat

Post by Bobbybat »

Hi kentkroeckel - thanks for the reply. Ok, I think I can look that up in the manual now, but I was also wondering why they show up in my territory during the air phase execution? Is it perhaps that the Axis is performing Ground Attacks on those locations and some degree of damage and/or interdiction happened?
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Particularly, if you watch larger scenario turns running, you will see the a flip to the AI perspective.

In my opinion, this is a design flaw in the FOW. Since depending on what map features you leave on, you will see enemy depots, units, and what the enemy thinks your unit disposition is. Consider it to be your SIGINIT staff working overtime. :lol:
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”