2nd RAF and 8th US won't fly missions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

melegor

2nd RAF and 8th US won't fly missions

Post by melegor »

I am in Turn 14 and they have never flown a single sortie. I have changed commanders and carefully inspected the Doctrines without help. They are being assigned Air Directives that look totally normal to me. Please help!!
kentkroeckel

Re: 2nd RAF and 8th US won't fly missions

Post by kentkroeckel »

Greetings Mr. Melegor. I just read your question and was trying to think what might be causing air missions from flying. It might be that experience is set too high, or just somehow went up. It is normally set at 50 but if it is at 100, then hardly any wing / squadron would fly. Another item to check is % necessary for flying. Default is 20%; if I remember correctly. Just make sure it is no higher. I often lower it to 1% so that a wing with even a plane or two will fly. Another item that will absolutely create your symptom is having a HQ at rest. This is my guess at what is happening. One other item to check is to make sure all your missions are set for day and night, as you wish them. Then make sure all of the corresponding squadrons are also set correctly. One simple way to remove this headache is to place all air units to day & night missions. Removes all question that way. Good luck with it.

Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel
melegor

Post by melegor »

Thanks much! Very thorough...I will ck as you suggest
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

Did you solve your problem?

Cary

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”