Panzer Puncture (or how to break a solid line)

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Helpless

RE: Panzer Puncture (or how to break a solid line)

Post by Helpless »

Nice step by step, but in my opinion, you should have broken through in that gap on turn one. Not on turn three, or four, or whatever turn you're in here...

It's all done in one turn.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

LoL...I just noticed the jump map shows the rest of the front as it was on turn 1. Was this a special scenario you created for demonstration purposes? My apologies for not recognizing that before I posted.

The reason I did mention it, however, is that the Lvov-Ternopol axis is my preferred focus on turn one for AGS. My objective is to have two Pz Korps sitting around Ternopol at the end of the turn, with the third in reserve between Lvov and Ternopol so that on turn two, I can finish driving past Proskurov, and linking with the Rumanians. This breaks open the southern front pretty well by exploiting exactly what you are trying to show here - focused attacks, maneuver and displacement.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: Helpless
Nice step by step, but in my opinion, you should have broken through in that gap on turn one. Not on turn three, or four, or whatever turn you're in here...

Yes, I understood that. See my other post. I was incorrectly assuming that this was from an inprocess game, and not a specially modified scenario that was created for a demonstration.
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

No, this wasn't an actual turn. I just used the editor to shuffle around units to display the process. You actually can't do this on turn 1 because the 1st Panzer Group isn't fully active until turn 2. It is however a standard tactic I use on turn 2 to break that line.

Good seeing you again JAMiAM, its been awhile.

Trey

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Yes, I understood that. See my other post. I was incorrectly assuming that this was from an inprocess game, and not a specially modified scenario that was created for a demonstration.
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

No, this wasn't an actual turn. I just used the editor to shuffle around units to display the process. You actually can't do this on turn 1 because the 1st Panzer Group isn't fully active until turn 2. It is however a standard tactic I use on turn 2 to break that line.

Trey

Cheater
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: el hefe

Trey

Thanks Trey! You too. Good to see that you're still keeping busy, kicking butt and taking names...[;)]

Yeah...I posted last night without fully reading the accompanying text on all posts, and judged the turn to be around turn 3, because of the advanced positions and front line densities of the Axis infantry. By turn two, getting to those river lines is possible, but not generally in that organized and strong a fashion - even given a wholesale flight by the Soviet player - simply because of the hex conversion costs and turn one locations of the units. Since the Pz Korps were in "reserve and refit" locations, I further (mis)assumed that you might have rested them for the purposes of the demo and was just going through a slow-paced,turn by turn playthrough in order to set up your demonstration. Leave it to you to bypass all that drudgery and go straight for the simpler route of just editing the game...[:D]

Well done, sir!
MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

I see that you did not move the PzCorps HQ's. Wouldn't that spell trouble because the divisions would not get any supply ? (hq ore than 5 hexes away)
MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

Just an oversight. I would have moved those up to keep those divisions in contact with its HQ.

Trey
ORIGINAL: Haudrauf1962

I see that you did not move the PzCorps HQ's. Wouldn't that spell trouble because the divisions would not get any supply ? (hq ore than 5 hexes away)
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

Return to “The War Room”