How to properly use support units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

sajer

RE: How to properly use support units

Post by sajer »

I was reading this thread with interest.  I noticed it kinda died - no new posts for about 10 days...anyone else want to chime in?  Some of you veterans??? 

The manual (as said here) is a bit foggy on SU's - and newbie's could use all the help that they can get.  I think SU's are very important - the difference between victory and defeat.
sajer

RE: How to properly use support units

Post by sajer »

pompack's post is great.  AP's are everything.  I would much rather use them on replacing leaders or attaching SU's to key divisions in vital battles.
robertkeller

Re: How to properly use support units

Post by robertkeller »

I have tried your method but cannot figure out what you mean by setting Corps support levels. When I go to a Corps detail image I see no way to do this....could you please expand this part of the explanation? Thanks!
robertkeller

Post by robertkeller »

I don't understand reference to setting Corps support levels to 3....when I go to a Corps detail screen I see nothing about setting support levels like I do when going to Army or Front....
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Sorry about the delay but I've only just seen this, don't often read this section.

I'm confused about your problem as I can set support levels for Soviet Corps HQ in the same way you can with Army and Front. If your referring Soviet Combat Corps or any eligible unit then they are not HQs but can have units attached. Basicaly they have upto 3 support units attached through the assign button and deselected thtough the X next to they name. See sections 5.4.13 and 7.5.2 undated manual.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Double post, seems the submit has an intermittent bug where having submitted once the screen does not close and return you back to the thread.

Return to “The War Room”