Save Game Runtime Error

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Elma666

RE: Save Game Runtime Error

Post by Elma666 »

Yes like Nez sayed,for me this error comes with a Windows update in March i think. And how i say,sometimes it goes,locally and Server and sometimes both makes error if i try to save, for me this error only occurs then i try to Save in Singleplayer or Save in MP-Games,never have problems with loading savegames.
Nez

Post by Nez »

Specifically, it is not crashing when the game is saved. It is crashing when the save button is clicked when opening the menu containing the save files. Using the shift-s shortcut also initiates the crash, as well as quick-saving. So it appears to be tied to the accessing of the menu containing the save game location, not the save function itself.

Can all those who have the issue so far confirm they are using the Steam version too?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Turns out it may be related to low memory (and how it's used, game needs large contigous blocks of free memory to save properly). This may explain it, all my machines have 16 GB RAM.

With the invaluable help of Helpless this issue may be solved in the next patch for good.
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: Nez

Specifically, it is not crashing when the game is saved. It is crashing when the save button is clicked when opening the menu containing the save files. Using the shift-s shortcut also initiates the crash, as well as quick-saving. So it appears to be tied to the accessing of the menu containing the save game location, not the save function itself.

I guess it may also crash when opening save screen when you have corrupted saves, and it tries to read their header data.
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

I have 16 GB Ram too. I never have problem to open a save and i use the same savefile in Singleplayer every time for testing, this opens every time with no problem, but try to save again is then lucky ones. In MP games my opponet dont have this issue but me and we use the same file from server game.
Nez

Post by Nez »

16gb RAM here too. Perhaps the Steam version isn't using it? I never see WiTE using much RAM up.

To be clear, loading save games has always been fine. It's clicking the save icon to open the save menu with all the disks which is the issue. I'll have a look at files names and the contents of the save folder.
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

Give it some news about that problem? I always have this issue....
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

same problem here for my opponent what its status

Attachments
106296989_..604075_n.jpg
106296989_..604075_n.jpg (109.87 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Ekaton

Post by Ekaton »

I have the same problem. I have the latest Steam version, 1.12.05. The same error occurred in previous versions for a while, which is weird because I've been playing it for years without it crashing at all. I'm always running it as an administrator.
I need ten females for each male...
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

Is there any fix for this yet other than renaming the sound file? It’s really annoying having no sound, and I can’t seem to find any dev response to the issue.
'Juana Azurduy, flor del Alto Perú, No hay otro capitán más valiente que tú'.
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

I think someone confirmed somewhere else that it's a low memory (RAM) issue. For me, updating windows was enough to solve this problem most of the time.
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

I'm not the best with computers so forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but it surely can't be a RAM issue for me. I have 16gb of Ram on this. Also WITW runs fine, so it seems odd this wouldn't given I think they use the same engine. My PC is fully up to date too. For me at least, it only started recently, I had over 100hrs no issue prior.
'Juana Azurduy, flor del Alto Perú, No hay otro capitán más valiente que tú'.
madvitale

Post by madvitale »

Just bought this. Have only tried a couple scenarios, but I get the Runtime error screenshot-ed above. Haven't even tried to save. Game just dies with that error part way through. If there is no fix for this, that is not very good. Steam should not be selling this if it does not function on a Windows 10 machine. Any clues?
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

Just out of interest, is the game making sure that the exe is using the Large Area Addressee? (LAA), ie telling it to use all the RAM the computer has, it may be some people are seeing this because they have the physical RAM, but its not being accessed by the game, and causing an issue. Also make sure your exe in the game folder has LAA enabled and use that rather than steam to fire up the game.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
madvitale

Post by madvitale »

How would I know whether the exe in the game folder has LAA enabled?
madvitale

Post by madvitale »

Ran a 'compatability' program off the .exe and that seemed to work. It does not display a choice for Windows 10, only up to Windows 8, but running the 'Test Compatability' it ran to the end of the scenario without throwing the 'Runtime Error'. At least once, anyways. I will try again tomorrow.
madvitale

Post by madvitale »

Unfortunately, just running the .exe from the folder, and not using Steam also failed the second time I tried it. Something is losing a file part way through a play session. A file called 'splashTime.dat' keeps getting reacquired in order to be fully installed. It is this file that seems to get 'lost'.
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

I have this fck error since march and it occurs sometimes and other days not...but nobody from developers seems to fix this shit!!!!! So many hours playing for nothing, right yet i make my turn1,5 hours and will send it to enemy and boom runtime.....this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but in German we say: ICH HABE DIE SCHNAUZE VOLL VON DEM MIST!!!!!!!!!!!!
madvitale

Post by madvitale »

Tried running 'Compatability' check by left clicking on the .exe and choosing 'Troubleshoot Compatability'. Using 'Windows 8' as the choice, ran the app and saved once. Worked ok, and then after closing the app it asks 'Did it work' and said 'Yes' and it said it saved changes. Have yet to try it again to see. Don't have a lot of hope at this point, but will try tomorrow and let you know.
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

I try it without Compatibily mode and it runs fine, but then it comes the old error that the game runs slower and slower after a few minutes. Then i go back to Windows 7 Compatibily mode i become this fck ccc error. I dont understand why this errors that much people have it seems dont Interest one of the Devs!! You will have so much money for this old game and hey i buy it two times, one for many years normal box and for 3-4 years on Steam to support that game thats my favorite Strategy game, but this errors makes me crazy!

Return to “Tech Support”