PBEM/online confusion

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

baluku

PBEM/online confusion

Post by baluku »

Hi all,

I am playing WITE 1. I want to play a campaign against a friend but I am confused about the remote options.

Do I understand correctly that a Multiplayer game must be played through in real-time? It does require that both player be on at the same time?

With the PBEM option, it allows asynchronous play? I saved a new Campaign as a PBEM game, but it is unclear to me how would get the other person a link to the game.

I checked the manual but I didn't understand anything about setting up a game with a specific person any better after reading it than before.

Any suggestions or information to help me set up a game with a specific person who may not be online at the same time?

thanks.
malyhin1517

Re: PBEM/online confusion

Post by malyhin1517 »

This game is played in turn, files are sent to each other by e-mail or in any other way. You can also play through the server in multiplayer. Simultaneous play is not possible.
Sorry, i use an online translator :(
malyhin1517

Re: PBEM/online confusion

Post by malyhin1517 »

When playing as Russians, you must start the PBEM game, create a password, and send the move to the German player. When the German player moves, he sends you the move, saves the file, and sends the move to you. You can't watch someone else's move if you don't know the opponent's password.
Sorry, i use an online translator :(

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”