Hotfix 1.08.07 for public beta

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Joel Billings

Hotfix 1.08.07 for public beta

Post by Joel Billings »

Attached is a hotfix file for the public beta version. this is v1.08.07. This has one more fix that wasn't in 1.08.06 (bug fix 5 below). If you have 1.08.05 or .06, you just need to unzip this into the main Gary Grigsby's War in the East folder. This requires that your DirectX9 be up to date. You can find DirectX9 update info here if you need it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

We hope that Matrix will be able to put out an installer version with this updated file next week.

New features
1. Altered change #25 from previous patch, so that in order to prevent cargo loss during regular air drops, the airbase must be located in a hex that was under friendly control at start of turn (any spent Movement Points are ignored, since they are expended not only by moving, but also by using air groups located in that base).
2. Altered change #35 from previous patch, so that stack points are used instead of number of men (with the exception that corps combat units below 20 000 men are treated as divisional sized units), and the formula affecting defender was changed to ROUNDDOWN(MAX(1,SQRT(MIN(fl-1,mena/(3*menb)))),2) to kick in once the attacker will outnumber defender (in stack points) by 3:1, instead of 1:1.
3. Partially reverted change #41 from previous patch, so that units in city terrain may be again considered as being surrounded. City terrain will also no longer be considered dense terrain.
4. Reverted change #50 from previous patch, so that the number of firing elements will not be affected by dense terrain, only CV.
5. Altered change #83 from previous patch, and decreased Soviet penalty to repairs after movement to -10 (from -20 and -15).
6. Altered change #114 from previous patch, and reduced the chance to regain up to 10% of National Morale, restricting it to a flat 10% chance (disconnected from morale), and only for units that are within 10 MP of working rail net.
7. Made sure that the bonus for the AI to capture Brest Litovsk and Hanko in the early turns of 1941 scenarios is never applied to server games.

Bug fixes
1. Fixed a major bug where units above their national morale level had at least 10% chance (possibly more) to revert to their national morale each turn.
2. Fixed a bug where more than one roll was used to determine weather, resulting in a higher probability of dominant weather type occurring. Now precisely always one roll will be involved in determining weather, and there will be a 25% chance that another randomly determined value will be used when showing forecast.
3. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to send air groups to reserve from a sorted and/or filtered air group list in the Commander’s Report window.
4. Fixed a bug where a unit could be destroyed twice in a single combat due to different reasons (lost of elements, surrendered), resulting in that unit being rebuilt twice, granting one free unit to its owner (if eligible for rebuilding).
5. Fixed a bug by partially reverting change #27 from previous patch, so that out of supply units, including units in airhead or beachhead supply will not rout, but be destroyed instead. The only difference is that units in airhead or beachhead supply will not be susceptible to be destroyed while retreating through hexes with enemy units adjacent.

Attachments
WarInTheEa..x1.08.07.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 388 times
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Icier

RE: Hotfix 1.08.07 for public beta

Post by Icier »

Hi, when you are saying post it in the main folder..is that the data folder, if not what is the folder
name? [&:]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

The War in the East folder
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Icier

Post by Icier »

that is what I though, but its still showing 1.08.05 & ex file 1.08.04...had same problem with 1.08.06
& yes my drivers are up to date. Just have to wait until installer added.[>:]
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Instruction for Windows 7 using Chrome. If you use Steam then the directory path is different.

1. Close WitE in case you are playing the game. Close all game windows including the menu.

2. Open your browser and go to the forum thread that contains the hotfix: tm.asp?m=3954038

3. In the first post from Joel Billings click with your mouse on Attachment (1). A window pops up showing War_in_the.._English.zip. Click once on War_in_the.._English.zip in the window that just opened. The file is downloaded. Click on Show all downloads. Another window opens. Click once on the name of the first file in the list. This file will have a weird name like F393BBA0DC954970B89A47509C144450.zip. Clicking on this name once will open the zip archive in which you see three files. Click on Extract all files at the top of the window. Another window opens that says Select a Destination and Extract Files. Click on the button Browse. Another window opens which lets you select your WitE folder. This is the folder were your game files are located. Click once on OS (C:), then once on Matrix Games and then once on Gary Grigsby's War in the East. Now you have selected the correct folder and can click on OK. The window closes and you are now back at the previous window Select a Destination and Extract Files. Now click on Extract. Another window opens. Click on Copy and Replace. Voila you are done. Last thing to do is to close the window with the three files you just extracted by clicking on the X in the top right corner.

4. Now you can start the game in the normal way using the shortcut on your desktop or under Start.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Instruction for Windows 7 using Internet Explorer. If you use Steam then the directory path is different.

1. Close WitE in case you are playing the game. Close all game windows including the menu.

2. Open your browser and go to the forum thread that contains the hotfix: tm.asp?m=3954038

3. In the first post from Joel Billings click with your mouse on Attachment (1). A window pops up showing War_in_the.._English.zip. Click once on War_in_the.._English.zip in the window that just opened. Another window opens. Click once on Open. This will open the zip archive in which you see three files. Click on Extract all files at the top of the window. Another window opens that says Select a Destination and Extract Files. Click on the button Browse. Another window opens which lets you select your WitE folder. This is the folder were your game files are located. Click once on OS (C:), then once on Matrix Games and then once on Gary Grigsby's War in the East. Now you have selected the correct folder and can click on OK. The window closes and you are now back at the previous window Select a Destination and Extract Files. Now click on Extract. Another window opens. Click on Copy and Replace. Voila you are done. Last thing to do is to close the window with the three files you just extracted by clcking on the X in the top right corner.

4. Now you can start the game in the normal way using the shortcut on your desktop or under Start.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

https://download.microsoft.com/download ... bsetup.exe

Official DirectX Webinstaller - easier to use for those not that Tech/OS savy
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Icier

Post by Icier »

Image thanks guys...actually using W10...just installed an extra hard drive for the games I am playing & transferred the game onto that drive, and suspect the problem lies there in. ( just redid it but still the same result, although the .05 update worked with execute file).Am think of deleting the game & re in putting it...so does any one know whether there is one or two hot fixes that need to be put in or do all? [&:]
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Thanks for quick turn around
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Ice,

Bozo has it right. Download the hotfix from your browser, not the forum where this is. WITE game must be closed completely for the transfer to work. If you already have the download in your downloads section, you can use that, but, WITE must be closed, no game menu on your monitor.

For Win 10. There is no "Extract all Files", just "Extract". Once you have your downloaded files, the three for the hotfix, click "Edit", then "Select all files", then "Extract", and proceed.

Icier

Post by Icier »

Thanks guys, already did what you suggested, but still not a goer, suspect the problem lies when I transferred the game to new hard disk.
Will wait for the execute version to come out & if it doesn't work will reload the game..but what I really want to know, is whether I have to download every down load since the official version or for instance, is 1.08.03 is a culmination of previous downloads & so only have to download 1 or 2 patches.[&o]
PhilThomas

Post by PhilThomas »

When I try to open the .exe I get a pop up box that says "Fatal Error Code#801. There is an error with your game's serial number as currently configured. Please contact www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk for support." I did that, but maybe somebody here can tell me what to do?
"Everybody knows the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost."
--Leonard Cohen
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

This is just the game executable - you have to replace the file of the same name in your WitE installation folder
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
mktours

Post by mktours »

I really hope that the Manual could be updated with every new beta. Some new features are quite confusing, they are changed and re-changed, like "the city being consider dense terrain", I didn't recall when "they were considered dense terrain?" These changes are very confusing to players,at least to me.
kch

Post by kch »

Hi.. thanks for all the work on continuously updating the game. Is there any news on the official 1.08.07 installer? I am having some bugs with the commander report and the hotfixes and I am anxious to get things working correctly again.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I heard the installer is in the pipeline. Don't know how many days it take to complete "production".
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Will the installer version have any additional changes?
morvael

Post by morvael »

No, it's the same version 1.08.07.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”