WitE 2

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Light4bettor

RE: WitE2

Post by Light4bettor »

That new map looks like its going to add more nuance and layers to tactical and strategic game play (especially during the opening 2 months of Barbarossa). Really appreciate the effort to accurately model the terrain and infrastructure levels that faced the commanders and soldiers of both sides. A lot to enjoy contemplating during my moves. Looking forward to playing it.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Light4bettor

Oh ok, I didn't realize it was already being implemented in WitE1. Thanks for the heads up on the rules.

its not in WiTE1 but was in WiTW.

Basioally works as above but with a couple of subtle changes
uw06670

RE: WitE2 Release Date!

Post by uw06670 »

Great to hear Pavel getting some shout outs in the discussion.
- Mark
CJM

Post by CJM »

ORIGINAL: Light4bettor

Oh ok, I didn't realize it was already being implemented in WitE1. Thanks for the heads up on the rules.

It comes from the WiTW rulebook, page 113
The Wehrmacht that set out to conquer Russia in 1941 was a poor army with strictly limited resources.
- Supplying War (1977)
jimmyPx

Post by jimmyPx »

Are there any plans to have a larger beta test before the game goes live ?

I would love to test out the new game.
Jim Power
brdxman

Post by brdxman »

Looking forward to any news, beta and release!
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

I've just posted the first of a series of posts on new WitE2 features on the new WitE2 forum. See you there [:)]

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4923466
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Light4bettor

Post by Light4bettor »

Optimistic that these new rules will continue to inform my understanding of why the first few weeks played out as they did.

Evening 25th June, OKH situation report. Note the the length of 3rd Panzer division (approx 40kms). (I'm imagining this huge train of a division strung out behind the spearheads, along the one main road and secondary ones that run parallel to it).

Light4bettor

Post by Light4bettor »

hmmm, maybe I will figure out how to post pics.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Thought some maybe interested in this. I hope there are some political variations in this new game to allow for some modding and alternate modding of things like this video
Also hope for more rules like getting units morale to potentially decline for retreating near key objectives and maybe increase for defending critical ones- things like that... Political intervention rules could be optional and operate to different degrees like mild/historical and extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u5k7Pd3vPU

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”