War in the East - New Open Beta v1.12.06 (November 17 2020)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

PanamaJack

RE: War in the East - New Open Beta v1.12.06 (November 17 2020)

Post by PanamaJack »

The forum won't let me post a screenshot.... but I am attacking Odessa, with odds of 50+, and there is no surrender? Is this WAD?
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

ORIGINAL: PanamaJack

The forum won't let me post a screenshot.... but I am attacking Odessa, with odds of 50+, and there is no surrender? Is this WAD?

If the fort level is high enough still then yes as this was changed in v1.12:
19. Defending units will not retreat from battle that ended with odds 2.00 to 1 or better for the attacker if the fort in hex will be at level 4 or better. For heavy urban, mountain terrain or working port level 10+ add 2 to fort level, for light urban, rough terrain or working port level 5+ add 1 to fort level.
PanamaJack

Post by PanamaJack »

Thank you kindly for the quick response!

Should've read a little more carefully....back to the map table!
Edorf

Post by Edorf »

As WitE 2 is in the works will v1.12 for WitE 1 ever become official?

I have the GOG version but I don’t use their Galaxy platform so I’m hoping their offline-installer will get the 1.12 update eventually.
GrimOne

Post by GrimOne »

I was wondering whether the beta 1.206 will ever be finalised and made as an official update.
I know the new WITE 2 is out but it uses the air system off WITW, which did not float my boat, so I will be staying with the original for the time being.
So any news on the update would be appreciated.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: GrimOne

I know the new WITE 2 is out but it uses the air system off WITW, which did not float my boat, so I will be staying with the original for the time being.

Me neither, tried numerous times but just can't get to grips with it.
OxfordGuy3

Re: War in the East - New Open Beta v1.12.06 (November 17 2020)

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Hi - I'm a new player to WiTE, bought it ages ago, but only now getting to grips with it. Should I be playing with the latest official patch or with this new beta? Is the beta relatively stable? I have the Steam version of WITE (no DLC yet) installed, though do have the Matrix version too, if it's not possible install the beta on the Steam version? I've managed to MOD the game with "Rainy Day in Russia" map (which is great) and some graphics-only mods (CORE etc.). Thanks!
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Yes it's stable I beleive. One of the resaons the Beta was written was to overcome some of the precived supply problems, I personnaly l did not have a problem and have not extensively played the new Beta.

Know nothing of the Steam game version always prefer non-steam versions if they are available.

I don't know how long ago it was you played last but there is an updated unofficial manual here https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 6&t=327910
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Thanks @Chris21wen. Yes I found the updated manuals (very useful!)
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”