WitE : Can't get beta patch on GoG

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

TallTroll

WitE : Can't get beta patch on GoG

Post by TallTroll »

I recently switched to a new laptop, and having reinstalled GoG and WitE, I can't get the 1.12.06 patch. The Beta Channels for the patch seem to be disabled in the GoG interface (when opening the GoG panel that should allow it, there is no dropdown box to select any Beta Channel from), and the patch downloaded from Matrix doesn't recognise a valid install of the game, presumably because I bought it through GoG, and it therefore doesn't recognise my install (I don't have serial key to register the game with Matrix, either. I understand that that is how the GoG version works). Is there any way to resolve this, and patch up my install to 1.12.06?
celockwood

Re: WitE : Can't get beta patch on GoG

Post by celockwood »

I have the exact same issue. Anyone solve this?
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Have you tried to contact GoG support? Maybe there is a reason they blocked it or nobody told them of a more recent version.
celockwood

Post by celockwood »

I have not. I'll give that a try.
celockwood

Post by celockwood »

I did not get anyone from GOG, but in poking around realized that I actually hadn't changed the GOG setting to allow beta updates. FIxed it and it updated on it's own.

User error.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”