Flak Supression??

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and modding.
Pete McCullagh

Flak Supression??

Post by Pete McCullagh »

I have been looking at this for a few months and just can't figure it out. Say you do a bombing raid or Fighter sweep against any airfield. Typically you cause some damage to flak(msgs say xxxflak destroyed.). So next day attack same target, same result, similar losses. Even after several days, there seems to be no change.
Try launching heavy bomber raid, get 100% damage. Then launch fs and take flak losses.
Ok so here is the question. Can allied player damage Flak?? If so I am just not seeing it. Never see any result from a raid on a flak Bn. Anyone have any info on this??
mark dolby

RE: Flak Supression??

Post by mark dolby »

Hi.
The only time I see flak damaged is in relation to the amount. As the German player I stack up some areas and if hit they suffer higher flak losses. This is mostly due to FB attacks. High level attacks very rarely hit individual flak emplacements.
Mark
Pete McCullagh

Post by Pete McCullagh »

Interesting, this may need some research. I would be interested in knowing the effect,%s, and so on. As allied player I get the destruction messages, but never see a reduction in FLAK effects.
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

AI will replace losses quite quickly if the armaments factories producing aa guns are left alone.
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

Beefing up my pz div totals of Light aa guns to 400 gave approx 1-6 destroyed and 24-34 damaged for an attack by 48 P-47's. However, as a good attack could destroy 15 aa guns then keeping the required numbers can prove tricky.
P-51 did as well, P-40, P-38 and Mosquito fared worse with Spitfires coming off worst. Smaller units suffered greater casualties proportionally.
Tried to get inf div to 240 light guns.

Return to “Scenarios and Modding”