Eagle Day Map Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and modding.
Nicholas Bell

Eagle Day Map Mod

Post by Nicholas Bell »

Here's a first draft on the Eagle Day map. Getting the colors right so the boxes and vectors are easy to see is a bit of a challenge for me given I am "color deficient". I think the blue needs to be a bit darker for the orange lines to stand out more. But too much and the red lines will either disappear or vibrate. For the built-up areas I simply followed the map image, but this does not correspond to the actual area targets. To recreate this I would have to take in-game images and use them as a reference...not a lot of fun.

Suggestions welcome.

Download small zip file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5311bh

Please note the Readme file.

Attachments
EagleDayMap.jpg
EagleDayMap.jpg (136.59 KiB) Viewed 241 times
AttuWatcher

RE: Eagle Day Map Mod

Post by AttuWatcher »

Nice work Nicholas!

I will give it a try when I get home and offer my feedback of how it works ingame but from the screens I like how you have cleaned it up.

- just played a quick 1 day round. The map works great! I didn't notice any strange problems. For my settings, I can see everything as good or better than with the defualt map.

I think using the simple 2d icons from the outer zoom levels for the closer zoom levels would be great but have no idea how feasible that is. Also small, simple 2d icons for planes, one for bomber, one for fighter, one for fighter/bomber, would be nice at a glace and fit with the streamlined no nonsense planning map look.
BigDuke66

RE: Eagle Day Map Mod

Post by BigDuke66 »

Does anyone still have this mod?

Return to “Scenarios and Modding”