Mosquito RCM

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
Cyborg

Mosquito RCM

Post by Cyborg »

Does anyone know what these aircraft actually DO? I notice that they have different equipment to other RCM planes. I am interested to learn what effect they have in the game on German radar since they do not seem to jam it as the others do. I believe in real life these may have been used tojam night fighter radio. Any ideas?
TaggedYa

RE: Mosquito RCM

Post by TaggedYa »

The Mosquito RCM at the start is equipped with Gee. It also has electronic intelligence receivers that analyze the various radars that the Germans are using so that counters can be produced. When you have accumulated enough information about a particular radar your planes will upgrade to a counter for that radar so you need to have mosquito RCM aircraft in areas where lots of air to air radars are being use.

They also provide a radio homing beacon so that your bomber streams can home on the position of the mosquito RCM for more accurate finding of targets.

Against a computer player just send them ahead of your bomber string. They will loiter at the target providing guidance to your bombers. This should result in considerably less crop circles.

Against a human player, assuming he's not stupid, you can't send mosquitoes way out ahead of your bombers without telegraphing your targets. So against human players you need to time the arrival of your mosquitoes at the target to just a few minutes before the first bomber group arrives. This will still lead the bombers to the target without telling the enemy way ahead of time where you're going.
TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose
Cyborg

Post by Cyborg »

That's really useful - many thanks!
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

ORIGINAL: TaggedYa

They also provide a radio homing beacon so that your bomber streams can home on the position of the mosquito RCM for more accurate finding of targets.

I do not think this is correct.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Hey Cyborg ! <S> Sir ! [8D]

I could respond with many pages as to what RCM AC do but rather than belabor this thread with that I would just suggest you start with my thread in here.... KayBay's Allied Strategic & Tactical Doctrine. The first half so far deals specifically with Bomber Command and these types of AC, how you can use them and what they can do in this game. By no means is my post complete at this point but I believe there are many items in it that will go far to providing you with the insight you seek.

I have yet to go into detail for each of the various types of equipment carried on the various RCM AC but start there and I would always recommend to read the manual.

Regards,
KayBay [8D]
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

Return to “The War Room”