Things that a German needs to decide before you start turn one

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
TaggedYa

Things that a German needs to decide before you start turn one

Post by TaggedYa »

What to do with the Italian Air Force?

The disposition of the Italian Air Force is an issue of what you consider to be gamey and what you want to do about realism. The possibilities range from saving every plane the Italians are flying, to not changing anything the computer does and thus losing all of the Italian planes and all of the Bf 109G-6es that the computer transfers to the Italian Air Force.

In the TalonSoft version, some of the Italian Air Force did not disappear when Italy surrendered. The better the morale of an Italian unit the more likely it was not to surrender. This gave you a good incentive to not destroy the Italian Air Force in fact it was better to put the Italians into the best planes you could find and be careful not to damage their morale because you saved more Italian units. In the Matrix version no Italian units survive the surrender. Your only choice is whether to take action to salvage the aircraft.

One viable option is to move the Italians into Bf 109G-6es as fast as you can and use them until their morale is too low to be functional. Then on the 13th turn you can change them back to whatever junk they were originally flying. Please note that to change the Italians out of the aircraft you wish to save you have to change every Italian unit or else the computer will just change them back. When you manually change a units aircraft it sets a flag that tells the computer not to change that units aircraft ever again. As far as I know, there is no other way to set that flag. Therefore, any Italian unit whose aircraft you do not change will immediately be put into the Veltros, Centaros, Sagittarios, and Bf 109G-6es you just freed up.
TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose
Creeper

RE: Things that a German needs to decide before you start turn one

Post by Creeper »

In the TalonSoft version, some of the Italian Air Force did not disappear when Italy surrendered. The better the morale of an Italian unit the more likely it was not to surrender.

yes, not all is better in this "new" release of the old talonsoft version.

*offtopic*
Also I miss some SFX in the vanilla game that were removed...like morsecode or sirens.
But if you have the old talonsoft version, just copy them (morcode*.wav, dogfight*.wav and siren*.wav) into the DAT\sound folder...you will hear these sfx again. [:)]
*back to topic*

Thank you for this info, Curt.
TaggedYa

RE: Things that a German needs to decide before you start turn one

Post by TaggedYa »

ORIGINAL: Creeper

yes, not all is better in this "new" release of the old talonsoft version.

The people who reworked the game were more interested in forcing history than making the game more playable. They did fix some of the bugs but caused new ones. I just wish Matrix would let someone else have a chance to fix what is broke without spending man years reserching who flew what plane.
ORIGINAL: Creeper

*offtopic*
Also I miss some SFX in the vanilla game that were removed...like morsecode or sirens.
But if you have the old talonsoft version, just copy them (morcode*.wav, dogfight*.wav and siren*.wav) into the DAT\sound folder...you will hear these sfx again. [:)]
*back to topic*

Thanks for this. It would be nice if we could somehow compile all these little nuggets of wisdom that "somebody" knows.

Thank you for this info, Curt.

You are welcome. I am sorry it is taking me so long to get to this. Things just got hectic at home.
TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose

Return to “The War Room”